Clink: Passionada & English Rose
A drink with a view.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Area 31's seafood selection is amazing - hand picked from around 7 local distributors - the restaurant and lounge situated high up in downtown's new Epic hotel boasts a cocktail list that has local drink lovers thirsty for a chance to sip one. Order one of their signature cocktails such as the Passionada, English Rose or, if you're starting the party early, Breakfast Caipirinha and take in the breezy, breathtaking view that'll remind you why you moved to Miami in the first place.
Lightly muddle 6 to 8 mint leaves and 1/2 ounce of limejuice in a highball glass. Add 13/4 ounces of tequila, 1/2 ounce of passion fruit juice and syrup and some ice. Stir. Top with ice and soda water. Garnish with a mint sprig.
In a mixing glass muddle 4 lime quarters and add 2 bar spoons full of orange marmalade, 1/4 ounce of simple syrup and 2 1/2 ounces of cachaca. Pour contents into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Pour contents from the shaker into an old-fashioned glass.
Add 1 ounce of gin and 1 ounce of Pimms into a highball glass and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with sliced strawberries, mint leaves, sliced cucumber, oranges and a lime slice as desired. Stir.
Cocktails are about $14 at Area 31 at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-424-5234
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts