Clink: Passionada & English Rose
A drink with a view.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Area 31's seafood selection is amazing - hand picked from around 7 local distributors - the restaurant and lounge situated high up in downtown's new Epic hotel boasts a cocktail list that has local drink lovers thirsty for a chance to sip one. Order one of their signature cocktails such as the Passionada, English Rose or, if you're starting the party early, Breakfast Caipirinha and take in the breezy, breathtaking view that'll remind you why you moved to Miami in the first place.
Lightly muddle 6 to 8 mint leaves and 1/2 ounce of limejuice in a highball glass. Add 13/4 ounces of tequila, 1/2 ounce of passion fruit juice and syrup and some ice. Stir. Top with ice and soda water. Garnish with a mint sprig.
In a mixing glass muddle 4 lime quarters and add 2 bar spoons full of orange marmalade, 1/4 ounce of simple syrup and 2 1/2 ounces of cachaca. Pour contents into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Pour contents from the shaker into an old-fashioned glass.
Add 1 ounce of gin and 1 ounce of Pimms into a highball glass and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with sliced strawberries, mint leaves, sliced cucumber, oranges and a lime slice as desired. Stir.
Cocktails are about $14 at Area 31 at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-424-5234
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Order a six-pack of Oculto this Saturday and get a visit from Lady Oculto herself
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- Coya debuts new weekly mixology series
- Four whisky and beer pairings by Highland Park designed to stimulate your palate
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice's mixology program proves it's more than just an ice bar
- Chef James Tahhan's new menu for Sabores is full of flavor
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- Could this be the Best Post-Party Brunch in Miami: Prime Fish
- AC Hotel Miami Beach offers awesome bar special to Miami locals
- Go Drink This: The Aviator