Clink: Passionada & English Rose
A drink with a view.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While Area 31's seafood selection is amazing - hand picked from around 7 local distributors - the restaurant and lounge situated high up in downtown's new Epic hotel boasts a cocktail list that has local drink lovers thirsty for a chance to sip one. Order one of their signature cocktails such as the Passionada, English Rose or, if you're starting the party early, Breakfast Caipirinha and take in the breezy, breathtaking view that'll remind you why you moved to Miami in the first place.
Lightly muddle 6 to 8 mint leaves and 1/2 ounce of limejuice in a highball glass. Add 13/4 ounces of tequila, 1/2 ounce of passion fruit juice and syrup and some ice. Stir. Top with ice and soda water. Garnish with a mint sprig.
In a mixing glass muddle 4 lime quarters and add 2 bar spoons full of orange marmalade, 1/4 ounce of simple syrup and 2 1/2 ounces of cachaca. Pour contents into a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake vigorously. Pour contents from the shaker into an old-fashioned glass.
Add 1 ounce of gin and 1 ounce of Pimms into a highball glass and top off with ginger beer. Garnish with sliced strawberries, mint leaves, sliced cucumber, oranges and a lime slice as desired. Stir.
Cocktails are about $14 at Area 31 at the Epic Hotel, 270 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-424-5234
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- Class up your party with a DIY Champagne Tower