Clink: Campari Romanza and Passion
Two things you could use more of in life -- even if it's only in liquid form.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Coral Gables' picturesque downtown area is known for its elegant bar and restaurants to which young professionals flock after work for a relaxed cocktail or during lunch for a classy gastronomical escape. The Peruvian restaurant/lounge La Cofradia Restaurante is no exception to such scene. Their drink menu now features tart Campari cocktails that mesh perfectly with their bites, like the delightfully tangy octopus-based ceviche.
Mix up your own Latin American feast at home and pair it with the following simple, citrusy cocktails created by mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout.
Add 1.75 ounces Campari, 1.75 ounces Gran Marnier and 1 ounce fresh white grapefruit juice into a shaker filled with ice. Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Add .75 ounces of Campari, 1.5 ounces of SKYY Infusions Citrus, 1 ounce passion fruit puree and .5 ounces simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Romanza and Campari Passion are about $12 at La Cofradia Restaurante, 160 Andalusia Ave, Coral Gables; 305-914-1300
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 20 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub
- Sip & Savor: garden-to-glass cocktails waterfront at American Social Brickell
- 5 cocktails inspired by Mother's Day
- Sip & Savor: Cocktails in refined, laid-back space at beach's Sweet Liberty
- 10 spring-inspired cocktails that will knock your socks off
- Bazi to launch new Shanghai Nights menu every Sunday
- The Raleigh hosts cocktail competition featuring The Famous Grouse
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy