Clink: Campari Romanza and Passion
Two things you could use more of in life -- even if it's only in liquid form.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Coral Gables' picturesque downtown area is known for its elegant bar and restaurants to which young professionals flock after work for a relaxed cocktail or during lunch for a classy gastronomical escape. The Peruvian restaurant/lounge La Cofradia Restaurante is no exception to such scene. Their drink menu now features tart Campari cocktails that mesh perfectly with their bites, like the delightfully tangy octopus-based ceviche.
Mix up your own Latin American feast at home and pair it with the following simple, citrusy cocktails created by mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout.
Add 1.75 ounces Campari, 1.75 ounces Gran Marnier and 1 ounce fresh white grapefruit juice into a shaker filled with ice. Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Add .75 ounces of Campari, 1.5 ounces of SKYY Infusions Citrus, 1 ounce passion fruit puree and .5 ounces simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Romanza and Campari Passion are about $12 at La Cofradia Restaurante, 160 Andalusia Ave, Coral Gables; 305-914-1300
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle
- Go Drink This: Clicquot Rich and Peppers