Clink: Campari Romanza and Passion
Two things you could use more of in life -- even if it's only in liquid form.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Coral Gables' picturesque downtown area is known for its elegant bar and restaurants to which young professionals flock after work for a relaxed cocktail or during lunch for a classy gastronomical escape. The Peruvian restaurant/lounge La Cofradia Restaurante is no exception to such scene. Their drink menu now features tart Campari cocktails that mesh perfectly with their bites, like the delightfully tangy octopus-based ceviche.
Mix up your own Latin American feast at home and pair it with the following simple, citrusy cocktails created by mixologist Jacques Bezuidenhout.
Add 1.75 ounces Campari, 1.75 ounces Gran Marnier and 1 ounce fresh white grapefruit juice into a shaker filled with ice. Shake all ingredients and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Add .75 ounces of Campari, 1.5 ounces of SKYY Infusions Citrus, 1 ounce passion fruit puree and .5 ounces simple syrup into a shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with an orange twist.
Romanza and Campari Passion are about $12 at La Cofradia Restaurante, 160 Andalusia Ave, Coral Gables; 305-914-1300
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Craft Beer of the Week: Adelbert's Naked Nun
- Tobacco Road opens 'The Cocktail Collection' to recreate the space's speakeasy vibe from Prohibition
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Open in Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest