Clink: Blue Martini Brickell
Liquid blueberry pixie sticks and grape Skittles candy are some of the flavors you'll encounter with our drinks of the week.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Known for it’s daily half-off happy hour and various young-professional social mixers, Blue Martini is a good spot for people watching in Mary Brickell Village. The Florida-based cocktail lounge has a variety of Van Gogh cocktails. Their signature Blue Martini, which is served with a bendable glow stick and features Van Gogh Blue vodka, created specifically for the hot spot, tastes like a liquid blueberry pixie stick. The Brazilian is a purple mix that is as sweet as a grape Skittles candy.
Prepare a chilled cocktail shaker filled with ice
Add 2 ounces of Van Gogh Acai-Blueberry Vodka
Add 2 ounces of lemonade
Strain and serve into a chilled martini glass
The Blue Martini
Prepare a chilled cocktail shaker with ice
Add 1 1/2 ounces of Van Gogh Blue Vodka
Add 1/2 an ounce of Citronge liqueur
Add 1/2 an ounce of Blue Curacao
Add 1 ounce of orange juice
Add 2 splashes of sour mix
Strain and serve into a chilled goblet
Garnish with a blue glow stick
Cocktails are around $14 at Blue Martini, 900 S. Miami Ave. Suite 250. Brickell; 305-981-2583.
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class