Feeling blue? Try this mojito at the lobby bar of the Fontainebleau.
Nothing goes better with Miami Beach weather than a cool mojito. How about a Bleauberry mojito? The Fontainebleau's signature cocktail is a refreshing twist on the Magic City classic, featuring tinges of blueberries and Bacardi Superior rum. Ask for it at Bleau Bar.
- Place 8 to 15 mint leaves at the bottom of a specialty glass.
- Lightly muddle (press) mint and add ice.
- In a mixing glass, put 1 to 2 scoops of blueberry compote.
- Squeeze in juice of half a lime, add 0.75 ounces of house-made blueberry syrup and 1.5 oz. of Bacardi Superior Rum.
- Cap and shake to mix.
- Pour 1 ounce club soda in specialty glass.
- Strain mix over fresh ice into specialty glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and 3 or 4 blueberries.
- Add straw and serve.
The Bleauberry Mojito is around $14 at Bleau Bar at The Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000.
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer