Feeling blue? Try this mojito at the lobby bar of the Fontainebleau.
Nothing goes better with Miami Beach weather than a cool mojito. How about a Bleauberry mojito? The Fontainebleau's signature cocktail is a refreshing twist on the Magic City classic, featuring tinges of blueberries and Bacardi Superior rum. Ask for it at Bleau Bar.
- Place 8 to 15 mint leaves at the bottom of a specialty glass.
- Lightly muddle (press) mint and add ice.
- In a mixing glass, put 1 to 2 scoops of blueberry compote.
- Squeeze in juice of half a lime, add 0.75 ounces of house-made blueberry syrup and 1.5 oz. of Bacardi Superior Rum.
- Cap and shake to mix.
- Pour 1 ounce club soda in specialty glass.
- Strain mix over fresh ice into specialty glass.
- Garnish with mint sprig and 3 or 4 blueberries.
- Add straw and serve.
The Bleauberry Mojito is around $14 at Bleau Bar at The Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-538-2000.
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle
- Go Drink This: Clicquot Rich and Peppers