Clink: Bramble & El Gaucho
Try these drinks and feel like you're at the Bleau Bar at the Fontainebleau. . . sort of.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The Fontainebleau Hotel’s brightly lit center bar, known as the Bleau Bar, gets jam packed on any given night with an array of socialites, curious neighborhood crawlers or cozy couples. It is also the perfect spot to sip a handcrafted cocktail by Fontainebleau mixologist Michael MacDonnell while perched atop the circular bar’s high stools or scattered plush couches for deep conversation. Who needs loud music when the scene here is so lounge-chic?
Add 1½ oz. of silver. Corazon Tequila , ¾ oz. of rock candy syrup, 3 oz. of ginger beer into a mixing glass filled with ice. Take a small chili pepper, cut it in half and rub it around the rim of a highball glass. Fill the glass with ice. Shake and strain the mix into the glass. Garnish with 2 to 4 Jalapeño slices and a fresh pressed lime half wedge.
Add 1 oz. of Plymouth Gin and 1½ oz. of fresh lemon sour into a mixing glass filled with ice. Muddle 2 fresh blackberries into the bottom of a glass and fill with ice. Shake and strain cocktail into the ice-filled glass and drizzle ¾ oz. of Crème De Cassis (Briotett) down the center. Garnish with 2 fresh blackberries.
Cocktails are around $15 at Bleau Bar at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-538-2000.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Go Drink This: Spicy Roman at Set Nightclub
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space