Clink: Bramble & El Gaucho
Try these drinks and feel like you're at the Bleau Bar at the Fontainebleau. . . sort of.
By Aurora Rodríguez
The Fontainebleau Hotel’s brightly lit center bar, known as the Bleau Bar, gets jam packed on any given night with an array of socialites, curious neighborhood crawlers or cozy couples. It is also the perfect spot to sip a handcrafted cocktail by Fontainebleau mixologist Michael MacDonnell while perched atop the circular bar’s high stools or scattered plush couches for deep conversation. Who needs loud music when the scene here is so lounge-chic?
Add 1½ oz. of silver. Corazon Tequila , ¾ oz. of rock candy syrup, 3 oz. of ginger beer into a mixing glass filled with ice. Take a small chili pepper, cut it in half and rub it around the rim of a highball glass. Fill the glass with ice. Shake and strain the mix into the glass. Garnish with 2 to 4 Jalapeño slices and a fresh pressed lime half wedge.
Add 1 oz. of Plymouth Gin and 1½ oz. of fresh lemon sour into a mixing glass filled with ice. Muddle 2 fresh blackberries into the bottom of a glass and fill with ice. Shake and strain cocktail into the ice-filled glass and drizzle ¾ oz. of Crème De Cassis (Briotett) down the center. Garnish with 2 fresh blackberries.
Cocktails are around $15 at Bleau Bar at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave, Miami Beach; 305-538-2000.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Cocktails at Lure Fishbar at the Loews