Clink: Bella Rose's cryptic cocktails
They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky -- the Bella Rose fam-i-lee.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Black Sundays at Bella Rose is not for the faint of heart. Once laid-back loungers step inside this dimly lit South Beach spot's party, they can sense the "murder-mystery" vibe in the air. Indie-types hide beneath black top hats and vampy chicks smear on a little extra red lipstick while in line for a cocktail. Night crawlers who make this party their weekly haunt while getting lost in the sounds of The Cure and Depeche Mode. Better watch out: someone gets "whacked" at midnight (for the weekly slasher video, of course), and then the fun really begins.
It's no surprise, then, that this locale boasts creepy drinks to match, such as the "blood-rimmed" Throat Slitter. Cocktail lovers will never see bourbon the same way again.
Mix 2 ounces of Crown Royale, a splash of Grenadine and a splash of cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Serve in a tall cocktail glass and garnish the sides of the glass with red-colored caramel syrup.
Add 1/2 ounce of Jagermiester and 1/2 ounce Black Haus to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a chilled shot glass.
Add 2 ounces of vodka, 1/2 ounce of Midori liqueur, a splash of sour mix and a splash of Sprite to a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a short martini glass.
Black Sunday cocktails are about $12 at Bella Rose, 423 16th St., Miami Beach; 305-673-8634
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer