Clink: Bella Rose's cryptic cocktails
They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky -- the Bella Rose fam-i-lee.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Black Sundays at Bella Rose is not for the faint of heart. Once laid-back loungers step inside this dimly lit South Beach spot's party, they can sense the "murder-mystery" vibe in the air. Indie-types hide beneath black top hats and vampy chicks smear on a little extra red lipstick while in line for a cocktail. Night crawlers who make this party their weekly haunt while getting lost in the sounds of The Cure and Depeche Mode. Better watch out: someone gets "whacked" at midnight (for the weekly slasher video, of course), and then the fun really begins.
It's no surprise, then, that this locale boasts creepy drinks to match, such as the "blood-rimmed" Throat Slitter. Cocktail lovers will never see bourbon the same way again.
Mix 2 ounces of Crown Royale, a splash of Grenadine and a splash of cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Serve in a tall cocktail glass and garnish the sides of the glass with red-colored caramel syrup.
Add 1/2 ounce of Jagermiester and 1/2 ounce Black Haus to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a chilled shot glass.
Add 2 ounces of vodka, 1/2 ounce of Midori liqueur, a splash of sour mix and a splash of Sprite to a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain and serve in a short martini glass.
Black Sunday cocktails are about $12 at Bella Rose, 423 16th St., Miami Beach; 305-673-8634
Sipped here? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Katsuya in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Señor Frogs Giving Away Free Yard Drinks for a Year
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Go Drink This: Passion Fruit Cilantro Caipirinha
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz