Clink: Basil and Cool 8s are Great
Fan of the herb? Head to the Table 8 bar.
By Aurora Rodríguez
If you're strolling down Ocean Drive and find yourself craving a cocktail in a bar that doesn't boast the usual frozen concoctions best mixed with a blender at home, drop by Table 8's sophisticated outside bar.
Located inside the De Soleil South Beach Hotel, the restaurant/lounge not only boasts the California-cool cuisine of Chef Govind Armstrong, but also offers signature drinks inspired by the laid-back west coast lifestyle.
Take a break from the sweltering heat and try out Basil 8 and Cool 8 at home.
Muddle a small amount of white grapes in the bottom of a shaker glass and add a dash of basil. Fill with ice and add an ounce of simple syrup, 2 ounces of vodka and 2 ounces of limejuice. Shake vigorously. Serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Top off with ginger ale and garnish with three olives.
Muddle a small amount of cucumber and a small slice of watermelon in the bottom of a shaker glass. Fill with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces of lime and an ounce of simple syrup. Shake vigorously. Serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Basil 8 and Cool 8 are around $12 at Table 8, 1458 Ocean Dr, South Beach; 305-695-4114
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer
- Wine: Gris or Grigio? Know your Pinot
- For the World Cup, fill your cup with South American wines
- Drink pink: 6 rosé wines to try this summer
- Champagne lovers and cocktail connoisseurs flock to Fort Lauderdale for Friday Happy Hour at Bar Stache
- Summer Sips: Miami overflows with new cocktail menus and bars
- Summer Fun: Your guide to happy hours, beers and cocktails in Miami this summer
- Zinfandel can be a 'monster' red wine