Clink: Basil and Cool 8s are Great
Fan of the herb? Head to the Table 8 bar.
By Aurora Rodríguez
If you're strolling down Ocean Drive and find yourself craving a cocktail in a bar that doesn't boast the usual frozen concoctions best mixed with a blender at home, drop by Table 8's sophisticated outside bar.
Located inside the De Soleil South Beach Hotel, the restaurant/lounge not only boasts the California-cool cuisine of Chef Govind Armstrong, but also offers signature drinks inspired by the laid-back west coast lifestyle.
Take a break from the sweltering heat and try out Basil 8 and Cool 8 at home.
Muddle a small amount of white grapes in the bottom of a shaker glass and add a dash of basil. Fill with ice and add an ounce of simple syrup, 2 ounces of vodka and 2 ounces of limejuice. Shake vigorously. Serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Top off with ginger ale and garnish with three olives.
Muddle a small amount of cucumber and a small slice of watermelon in the bottom of a shaker glass. Fill with ice. Add 2 ounces of vodka, 2 ounces of lime and an ounce of simple syrup. Shake vigorously. Serve on the rocks in a cocktail glass. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Basil 8 and Cool 8 are around $12 at Table 8, 1458 Ocean Dr, South Beach; 305-695-4114
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class
- 5 places every pisco lover should try
- Where to go and what to order in Miami for National Rum Day
- 5 must-try Italian spots in Coconut Grove
- 9 occasions that call for a bottle of bubbly