Clink: Astrological Sips
No matter your Zodiac sign, the InterContinental Miami has a cocktail just for you.
By Aurora Rodríguez
Whether you’re an intense Gemini, an enthusiastic Aries or any of the other 10 signs of the Zodiac, the InterContinental Miami’s Indigo Restaurant and Bar has cocktails to please each personality.
René Van Camp , the hotel’s cocktails creator, said the sips were created to match each sign’s trait for a quick astrological fix.
“We thought after looking at the signs that if people love to talk about astrology and read their horoscope, why not drink to it?” Van Camp said. “We did some research to make sure each drink matches the sign’s characteristics.”
So head to the InterContinental and drink up - in honor of your sign, of course.
Fill highball glass with ice
Add 1.5 ounces of Ten Cane Rum
Add 1 ounce of Passion Fruit Puree
Add 1/2 ounce of freshly squeezed limejuice
Add a splash of simple syrup
Add a splash of ginger beer
Stir and garnish with a sprig of mint and sprinkle of nutmeg.
Twinkling Star- Libra
Secure a chilled champagne flute
Add 1 ounce of Ketel Citron Vodka
Add 1.2 ounce of Cointreau
Add a splash of Monin Lavender syrup
Add a float of Moet & Chandon champagne
Garnish with a whole raspberry and lemon twist
Fuego de Limón- Leo
Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
Add 1.5 ounces of Absolut Limón vodka
Add 3/4 ounces of Caravella Limoncello
Add a splash of Disaronno Amaretto
Add 1 ounce of fresh sweet and sour mix
Add one barspoon of powdered egg white (optional)
Strain and serve into a chilled martini glass.
Garnish with a cinnamon sugared rim and lemon twist.
Cocktails are around $15 at the InterContinental Miami, 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami, (305)-577-1000.
- Miami’s 10 Newest Cocktails for the Summer of 2013
- Thai Cocktails in Miami
- Shellback Rum Interactive Mixology with Tony Abou-Ganim invites you to a cocktail crash course
- The Flat brings creative cocktails to Miami Beach’s South of Fifth area
- High-End Whiskey and Creative Techniques at Swine in Coral Gables
- Casa Dragones tequila provides a refined taste
- Pavan liqueur brings new flavor to Miami's bar scene
- Miami’s Best Old Fashioned Cocktails
- Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
- PB Steak’s Specialty Cocktail Standouts