Clink: Asia de Cuba
The juicy Joie de Veev cocktail leaves you with plenty of ginger to taste.
By Aurora Rodríguez
This restaurant’s small and classy bar is the perfect backdrop for a girl’s night out with your group of divas. Nibbling on a fusion of Latin and Asian food and relishing in the spot’s icy white décor will have you wishing for a chilled cocktail to accompany juicy conversation and tasty bites. One good choice is the Joie de VeeV, a ginger-flavored sip garnished with a sweet sugary ginger slice perfect to bite on when there’s nothing left in your glass.
Joie de VeeV
Prepare a cocktail shaker
Muddle a slice of ginger into the bottom
Add ¾ ounces of simple syrup
Fill with ice
Add 1½ ounces VeeV Acai spirit
Add ¾ ounces of Cointreau
Add 1 ounce of lemon juice
Garnish with a slice of crystallized ginger
Joie the VeeV is around $14 at Asia de Cuba, 1100 West Ave. Miami Beach; 305-514-1940.
Asia de Cuba
1100 West Ave., Miami Beach
- Is this South Beach spot a lounge, nightclub or restaurant?
- Where to celebrate National Martini Day in Miami
- Get your drink on while satisfying your sweet tooth at the Miami Ultimate Bartender & Dessert competition
- Why Miami's oldest bar is new again
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- How to get a taste of this top South Beach hot spot without the line
- New app HOOCH is every cocktail lover's dream
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- 21 spots to get your champagne bubbly on in Miami
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub