Clink: Asia de Cuba
The juicy Joie de Veev cocktail leaves you with plenty of ginger to taste.
By Aurora Rodríguez
This restaurant’s small and classy bar is the perfect backdrop for a girl’s night out with your group of divas. Nibbling on a fusion of Latin and Asian food and relishing in the spot’s icy white décor will have you wishing for a chilled cocktail to accompany juicy conversation and tasty bites. One good choice is the Joie de VeeV, a ginger-flavored sip garnished with a sweet sugary ginger slice perfect to bite on when there’s nothing left in your glass.
Joie de VeeV
Prepare a cocktail shaker
Muddle a slice of ginger into the bottom
Add ¾ ounces of simple syrup
Fill with ice
Add 1½ ounces VeeV Acai spirit
Add ¾ ounces of Cointreau
Add 1 ounce of lemon juice
Garnish with a slice of crystallized ginger
Joie the VeeV is around $14 at Asia de Cuba, 1100 West Ave. Miami Beach; 305-514-1940.
Asia de Cuba
1100 West Ave., Miami Beach
- A Miami Beach cocktail crawl without leaving your hotel
- Where Little Italy meets the quirky Grove
- Is this Miami Beach's most luxurious lobby bar?
- A little bit of Wynwood in Fort Lauderdale?
- An oasis in the sky: rooftop garden highlights EAST Miami's Sugar bar
- Celebrate National Rum Day all month long at Repour Bar
- Miami's top 5 rooftop bars on Yelp
- 5 cocktails to get you ready for National Melon Day
- Dolce Italian at the Gale South Beach brings Italian fare and flair
- Become an expert behind-the-bar at Regent Cocktail Club's mixology class