Clink: Art Basil and The Modern Mojito
What? You thought Art Basel was about the art?
By Aurora Rodríguez
Brosia restaurant in the Design District is an artsy, mediterranean hideaway, perfect for a pre-gallery hopping bite or drink, while The Sagamore is a chic SoBe hotel that offers a little culture (their walls are filled with specially curated pieces) along with their swanky pool and outside bar. While both might differ in style and location, they both share a love of art and are eager to celebrate it during Miami's ultimate festival of everything creative: Art Basel.
Muddle 3 fresh strawberries and 4 fresh mint leaves in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add 2 ounces of Belvedere vodka and a dash of simple syrup. Shake vigorously. Pour in tall old-fashioned glass filled with ice and top off with soda water.
The Modern Mojito
Muddle 4 lime wedges, 4 mint leaves and 1 tbsp of refined sugar in a Collins glass. Fill with ice and 1.5 ounces of Oronoco rum. Top off with a splash of lemon-lime soda water and stir. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Drink like an Irish whiskey master this St. Patrick's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Jim Meehan guest bartends and Julio Bermejo talks tequila at The Broken Shaker during South Beach Wine & Food Festival week in Miami Beach
- A must-try cocktail at the new Cavalli Miami Restaurant & Lounge in South Beach
- Wynwood Brewing Company Takes Over Public House in South Beach for South Florida Craft Beer Week
- Funky Buddha Brewery hosts day-long beer fest
- The Corner celebrates 2 years in downtown Miami with free beer, BBQ and live music
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve