Clink: Art Basil and The Modern Mojito
What? You thought Art Basel was about the art?
By Aurora Rodríguez
Brosia restaurant in the Design District is an artsy, mediterranean hideaway, perfect for a pre-gallery hopping bite or drink, while The Sagamore is a chic SoBe hotel that offers a little culture (their walls are filled with specially curated pieces) along with their swanky pool and outside bar. While both might differ in style and location, they both share a love of art and are eager to celebrate it during Miami's ultimate festival of everything creative: Art Basel.
Muddle 3 fresh strawberries and 4 fresh mint leaves in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add 2 ounces of Belvedere vodka and a dash of simple syrup. Shake vigorously. Pour in tall old-fashioned glass filled with ice and top off with soda water.
The Modern Mojito
Muddle 4 lime wedges, 4 mint leaves and 1 tbsp of refined sugar in a Collins glass. Fill with ice and 1.5 ounces of Oronoco rum. Top off with a splash of lemon-lime soda water and stir. Garnish with a sprig of mint and a lime wedge.
Sipped these? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015
- Go Drink This: Gas Me Up Punch
- Get your bourbon on at Shula's 347 Grill December 8
- Go Drink This: Dirty Pickle