Clink: Añejo Peach Smash
This cocktail at España-inspired Por Fin is a mix of rum, lime juice, peaches and brown sugar. Now that's what we call Spanish fly.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While the food is definitely worth waiting for at Coral Gables spot Por Fin (think España-inspired dishes like spicy-to-perfection patatas bravas and Madrid-worthy seafood paella), make that wait go down especially easy with one of the restaurant's signature cocktails such as the Añejo Peach Smash, a mix of rum, lime juice, peaches and brown sugar. Now that's what we call Spanish fly.
Añejo Peach Smash
Muddle 8 mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail mixing glass. Fill with ice. Add 1.5 ounces of rum (Bacardi 8 is recommended), 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice, 3/4 ounce of brown sugar syrup and 1 ounce of white peach puree. Shake and strain over an ice-filled rocks glass. Cap with more ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
The Añejo Peach Smash is about $12 at Por Fin, 2500 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables; 305-441-0107
Sipped this? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Go Drink This: Pumpkin Rum Old Fashioned
- Brickell Rum Fest returns with tastings and live music
- Go Drink This: Black Truffle Martini
- Drink Ilegal Mezcal cocktails at Mansion Nightclub with bartender Virginia King