Clink: Añejo Peach Smash
This cocktail at España-inspired Por Fin is a mix of rum, lime juice, peaches and brown sugar. Now that's what we call Spanish fly.
By Aurora Rodríguez
While the food is definitely worth waiting for at Coral Gables spot Por Fin (think España-inspired dishes like spicy-to-perfection patatas bravas and Madrid-worthy seafood paella), make that wait go down especially easy with one of the restaurant's signature cocktails such as the Añejo Peach Smash, a mix of rum, lime juice, peaches and brown sugar. Now that's what we call Spanish fly.
Añejo Peach Smash
Muddle 8 mint leaves in the bottom of a cocktail mixing glass. Fill with ice. Add 1.5 ounces of rum (Bacardi 8 is recommended), 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice, 3/4 ounce of brown sugar syrup and 1 ounce of white peach puree. Shake and strain over an ice-filled rocks glass. Cap with more ice. Garnish with a mint sprig and lime wedge.
The Añejo Peach Smash is about $12 at Por Fin, 2500 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Coral Gables; 305-441-0107
Sipped this? Leave a review!
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space
- Go Drink This: The Social Club's The Retired Explorer
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Typoe, DJ Irie tapped for 'Live Beyond Labels' campaign by Beck's Beer