Cipriani attempts another Miami opening, this time on Brickell
The legacy of Giuseppe Cipriani expanding to Miami--we think.
This isn't the first time we've heard that the storied Cipriani family was staking claim to Miami. Back in 2010, it was supposed to unveil Cipriani Ocean Resort & Club Residences, a swanky South Beach stay at 3201 Collins Ave., currently an unfinished construction mess. In fact, Cipriani's website still says it's due open in 2010, so if we can hop in to that nifty time machine we'll head back and let you know what's happening. Today, the South Florida Business Journal reports that Cipriani, the restuarant, has leased space at the Icon Brickell. According to the aforementioned Cipriani website, that one is slated to open in the fall of this year. We contacted the Cipriani folk, but they were busy back in 2010 putting the finishing touches on that hotel. The creepy Easter Island statues at Icon Brickell remain mum. Stay tuned.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo