Cipriani attempts another Miami opening, this time on Brickell
The legacy of Giuseppe Cipriani expanding to Miami--we think.
This isn't the first time we've heard that the storied Cipriani family was staking claim to Miami. Back in 2010, it was supposed to unveil Cipriani Ocean Resort & Club Residences, a swanky South Beach stay at 3201 Collins Ave., currently an unfinished construction mess. In fact, Cipriani's website still says it's due open in 2010, so if we can hop in to that nifty time machine we'll head back and let you know what's happening. Today, the South Florida Business Journal reports that Cipriani, the restuarant, has leased space at the Icon Brickell. According to the aforementioned Cipriani website, that one is slated to open in the fall of this year. We contacted the Cipriani folk, but they were busy back in 2010 putting the finishing touches on that hotel. The creepy Easter Island statues at Icon Brickell remain mum. Stay tuned.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant