Cipriani attempts another Miami opening, this time on Brickell
The legacy of Giuseppe Cipriani expanding to Miami--we think.
This isn't the first time we've heard that the storied Cipriani family was staking claim to Miami. Back in 2010, it was supposed to unveil Cipriani Ocean Resort & Club Residences, a swanky South Beach stay at 3201 Collins Ave., currently an unfinished construction mess. In fact, Cipriani's website still says it's due open in 2010, so if we can hop in to that nifty time machine we'll head back and let you know what's happening. Today, the South Florida Business Journal reports that Cipriani, the restuarant, has leased space at the Icon Brickell. According to the aforementioned Cipriani website, that one is slated to open in the fall of this year. We contacted the Cipriani folk, but they were busy back in 2010 putting the finishing touches on that hotel. The creepy Easter Island statues at Icon Brickell remain mum. Stay tuned.
- Tap 79 Bar & Grill opens in Miami's Shorecrest
- Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
- Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1