Cipriani attempts another Miami opening, this time on Brickell
The legacy of Giuseppe Cipriani expanding to Miami--we think.
This isn't the first time we've heard that the storied Cipriani family was staking claim to Miami. Back in 2010, it was supposed to unveil Cipriani Ocean Resort & Club Residences, a swanky South Beach stay at 3201 Collins Ave., currently an unfinished construction mess. In fact, Cipriani's website still says it's due open in 2010, so if we can hop in to that nifty time machine we'll head back and let you know what's happening. Today, the South Florida Business Journal reports that Cipriani, the restuarant, has leased space at the Icon Brickell. According to the aforementioned Cipriani website, that one is slated to open in the fall of this year. We contacted the Cipriani folk, but they were busy back in 2010 putting the finishing touches on that hotel. The creepy Easter Island statues at Icon Brickell remain mum. Stay tuned.
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space
- Pierre's, Morada Beach Cafe off the market with new executive chef, Ishmael Toro
- Dinner at La Savina at Mondrian out; Brooklyn's Momo Sushi Shack 'pop-up' in
- Ted's at YoungArts closed
- LGBT Night at Dos Caminos
- OTC closes in Brickell after 3-year run
- Morimoto South Beach introduces weekend brunch
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer