Cipriani attempts another Miami opening, this time on Brickell
The legacy of Giuseppe Cipriani expanding to Miami--we think.
This isn't the first time we've heard that the storied Cipriani family was staking claim to Miami. Back in 2010, it was supposed to unveil Cipriani Ocean Resort & Club Residences, a swanky South Beach stay at 3201 Collins Ave., currently an unfinished construction mess. In fact, Cipriani's website still says it's due open in 2010, so if we can hop in to that nifty time machine we'll head back and let you know what's happening. Today, the South Florida Business Journal reports that Cipriani, the restuarant, has leased space at the Icon Brickell. According to the aforementioned Cipriani website, that one is slated to open in the fall of this year. We contacted the Cipriani folk, but they were busy back in 2010 putting the finishing touches on that hotel. The creepy Easter Island statues at Icon Brickell remain mum. Stay tuned.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai