Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
Top picks for family fun from Miami's kids calendar
Hope everyone had a great weekend - can’t believe summer is half over already! Lots of fun to keep you busy this last month…
Head south for Cinderella: A fractured fairytale at Key Largo Library, book the kids four hours of fun & yourself a Friday night date via Parents Play Out at Play In, dive into a poolside movie at Grapeland Water Park, explore live theater with an all kids included performance of Pinocchio in the Gables or check out mother/daughter yoga in Aventura.
FIND FREEBIE FUN
Treat the kids to a free showing of Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel at Paragon Grove, learn the ins and outs of infant massage at a free workshop, invite kids 6-11 to make a robot at Main Library, get creative at an art & juice workshop at Southland Mall, discover the fun of Montessori and score free coffee at toddler + me morning at Atarah Montessori in the Grove or get crafty at a Home Depot kids workshop at Mall of the Americas.
LEGGO MY EGGO BY GUEST CHEF JULIAN LICHTENFELD
Our 12-year-old guest is back with some food for thought about the family breakfast table. This month, he’s taking a closer look at waffles - specifically Leggo v Vans. Click here to check out his findings (hint: it’s not all good news).
EXPLORE A PRESCHOOL WORTH A DRIVE
Breaking news - Young at Art just released 17 spots for next year’s preschool class. Last year’s sold out & had a wait list - click here to make sure you don’t miss the boat this year. The school is incredible - kids 3-4 spend the day exploring the museum, the library and all the goodies that accompany both. Think special guests, hands-on activities, art exploration creative play and kindergarten prep. The day runs from 8:30am-3pm and VPK vouchers are accepted. Click here for info and registration or email Gina Gates to schedule a tour.
See and Do
- 7 Worst Traffic Nightmares of Miami
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry