Cinderella, robots, date night & Munchkin Fun's top 10 picks for the week
Top picks for family fun from Miami's kids calendar
Hope everyone had a great weekend - can’t believe summer is half over already! Lots of fun to keep you busy this last month…
Head south for Cinderella: A fractured fairytale at Key Largo Library, book the kids four hours of fun & yourself a Friday night date via Parents Play Out at Play In, dive into a poolside movie at Grapeland Water Park, explore live theater with an all kids included performance of Pinocchio in the Gables or check out mother/daughter yoga in Aventura.
FIND FREEBIE FUN
Treat the kids to a free showing of Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel at Paragon Grove, learn the ins and outs of infant massage at a free workshop, invite kids 6-11 to make a robot at Main Library, get creative at an art & juice workshop at Southland Mall, discover the fun of Montessori and score free coffee at toddler + me morning at Atarah Montessori in the Grove or get crafty at a Home Depot kids workshop at Mall of the Americas.
LEGGO MY EGGO BY GUEST CHEF JULIAN LICHTENFELD
Our 12-year-old guest is back with some food for thought about the family breakfast table. This month, he’s taking a closer look at waffles - specifically Leggo v Vans. Click here to check out his findings (hint: it’s not all good news).
EXPLORE A PRESCHOOL WORTH A DRIVE
Breaking news - Young at Art just released 17 spots for next year’s preschool class. Last year’s sold out & had a wait list - click here to make sure you don’t miss the boat this year. The school is incredible - kids 3-4 spend the day exploring the museum, the library and all the goodies that accompany both. Think special guests, hands-on activities, art exploration creative play and kindergarten prep. The day runs from 8:30am-3pm and VPK vouchers are accepted. Click here for info and registration or email Gina Gates to schedule a tour.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Historic MiMo District on Biscayne Boulevard
- Miami.com Experiences invites you to a night of comedy with Venezuelan humorist Cayito Aponte
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival