Cinco de Mayo 2014
Cervezas, salsa and mariachis galore
Cinco de Mayo 2014: Cervezas, salsa and mariachis galore
- Cinco at Jungle Island. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo a day early with amazing food, animal encounters, Mexican wrestling and great live music featuring Miami pop-reggae fusion singer Cris Cab and the Miami Heat’s DJ Irie, plus the Robby Hunter Band, Jared Dylan, La Linea and more. 4-11 p.m. Sunday at Jungle Island, 1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami; www.brickellfestival.com/cincodemayo; $29, $45 VIP.
- Brickell Fiesta Weekend. Partygoers take to the streets for mariachis, Mexican food, libations, and DJ sets keep the party going late into the night. 2-11 Sunday and Monday on the street across from La Mexicana Cantina, 1451 S. Miami Ave., Miami; $20-$60.
- Cinco de Mayo on Bimini SuperFast. On Sunday celebrate Cinco de Mayo on the Bimini SuperFast, hosted by Power 96 with live music and dancing, drink bucket specials and a taco bar plus live action table games or slots in two casinos and a Mexican-themed beach party upon arrival in Bimini. Port of Miami, 1015 N. America Way, Miami; $64.50.
- Cantina Beach. Stilt walkers, DJ, mariachis, complimentary salsa bites and a la carte tacos and tequila. 455 Grand Bay Dr., Key Biscayne
- DiLido Beach Club at Ritz-Carlton South Beach. Enjoy Cinco and Cervezas from Saturday through Monday with $15 taco platters (carne asada, smoked tomato salsa, mashed avocado) and $5 beers. One Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 786-276-4000.
- Rocco’s Tacos. “Cinco de Drinko” drink specials, mariachi bands, DJs, giveaways and free tequila pourings starting at noon. 1313 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-524-9550
- Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort. Saturday evening starting at 9 p.m. Nelson O performs live, plus 2-for-1 drafts and tequila shots and Mexican culinary staples. 19201 Collins Ave., North Miami Beach; 305-932-2233
- Cantina Laredo. A street party featuring a DJ, drink specials and promo servers from 4 p.m. to closing on Monday. 501 Silks Run #1120, Hallandale Beach; 954-457-7662
- Paquitos. Hosts the official ESPN Deportes bash beginning at noon. 16265 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-947-5027
- Huahua’s. Piñatas and an all-day happy hour with $3 beers, $4 margaritas and $10 taco baskets. 1211 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-8226
- Rosa Mexicano. Offers a $35 specialty menu and drink specials from May 1-5. 900 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 786-425-1001 or 1111 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-695-1005
- Duffy’s. 2-for-1 Patron margaritas, giveaways, a DJ and drip trios from 2-8 p.m. on May 3. 3969 NE 163 St., North Miami Beach
- HaVen. Hosts a “Dos de Mayo” party May 2 with $5 Dos Equis and global small plates. 1237 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-987-8885
- Lure. Specialty taco & tequila pairing menu through May 8. 1600 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695-4550
- Tequiztlan. This neighborhood Mexican in Sunset Harbor is always a great spot for an authentic bite. 1884 Bay Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8442
- B.C. Cafe. Cinco de Mayo lunch specials from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday that include a shrimp margarita taco, complete with a salt-rimmed taco shell. Two tacos and chips are $5. 4801 S. University Dr., Davie; 954-801-4123
- Michael Mina 74. Combines Cinco de Mayo and National Burger Month with its Puebla Burger ($26), available through May 10. 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 877-326-7412.
- Taco Beach Shack. From noon-2 a.m. Sunday and Monday snag trios of mini tacos for $5, $3 Modelo drafts and $15 domestic beer buckets, Corona Girls with freebies, taco eating contest, live mariachi, face painting and pony rides. 334 Arizona St., Hollywood; 954-920-6523.
- Naked Taco. Catch $5 margaritas, Mexican luchadores, sexy mariachis, freebies, street food, body painting and more from noon to midnight Sunday and Monday. 1111 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-8455.
- Funky Buddha Brewery. A salsa and beer pairing with Chaco's Chinese Taco's food truck featuring five beers paired with five small dishes starring salsa for $20. 1201 NE 38th St., Fort Lauderdale; 954-440-0046.
- Casino Miami Jai Alai. Dishes out $3 Patron shots, $2 Coronas and $3 margaritas from 10am until midnight. 3500 NW 37 Ave; 305- 633-6400
- My Ceviche Brickell is serving $2 beers all day long and a 2-for-1 taco happy hour from 4-6pm. 1250 S Miami Ave, Miami; 305-960-7825
- Grille 401. Features $5 drink specials on Casamigos Tequila cocktails, and buy one get one free Casamigos drinks and 50% off appetizers from 4-7pm. 401 Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale; 954-767-0222
- Taco Beach Shack is offering three mini tacos for $5, $3 Modelo drafts and $15 domestic beer buckets May 4-5 from 12pm-2am. The fun will also include a mariachi band, free pony rides and face painting. 334 Arizona St, Hollywood; 954-920-6523
- 20 years in, Italian restaurant Spiga stays true to form in South Beach
- Stop to smell this South Beach rose in the Stiles Hotel
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Crust brings pizza and late-night delivery to the Miami River
- The Bahamian Pot stirs island flavors in Liberty City
- Review: Four stars for exceptional Alter in Wynwood
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- 9Beach is a lounge/restaurant/bar hailing from the Holy Land
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach