Christian Slater says he is engaged
To woman he met in SoFla
The question is... will Christian Slater get married in South Florida?
The actor is engaged, he told Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday night's show.
The 43-year-old actor has been coy about Brittany Lopez thus far but apparently, he popped the question after more than three years of dating. The True Romance and Heathers star told Fallon how they first met at Little Palm Island Resort in Little Torch Key.
The funny thing was he thought she wasn't straight because she jokingly proposed to another woman (actuallly Lopez's aunt) while at a romantic area of the property.
"This girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady," Slater recalled. "I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal...and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other. It was very, very nice. So she's there, and the next thing I know, she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady..." Slater thought he had just witnessed "a nice lesbian engagement," and went over to congratulate them.
"She was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment," Slater said. "The next thing I knew, we were hanging out in the Everglades."
Slater has two kids with his first wife, producer Ryan Haddon.
Lopez is the director of corporate development at MOCA and is an honorary cochair of Voices For Children Foundation.
Follow the writer www.Twitter.com/madeleinemarr
On Our Radar
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday