Christian Slater says he is engaged
To woman he met in SoFla
The question is... will Christian Slater get married in South Florida?
The actor is engaged, he told Jimmy Fallon on Wednesday night's show.
The 43-year-old actor has been coy about Brittany Lopez thus far but apparently, he popped the question after more than three years of dating. The True Romance and Heathers star told Fallon how they first met at Little Palm Island Resort in Little Torch Key.
The funny thing was he thought she wasn't straight because she jokingly proposed to another woman (actuallly Lopez's aunt) while at a romantic area of the property.
"This girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady," Slater recalled. "I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal...and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other. It was very, very nice. So she's there, and the next thing I know, she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady..." Slater thought he had just witnessed "a nice lesbian engagement," and went over to congratulate them.
"She was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment," Slater said. "The next thing I knew, we were hanging out in the Everglades."
Slater has two kids with his first wife, producer Ryan Haddon.
Lopez is the director of corporate development at MOCA and is an honorary cochair of Voices For Children Foundation.
Follow the writer www.Twitter.com/madeleinemarr
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)