In town to preview his collections, we chat up the fierce fashion designer.
Fierce fashion designer Christian Siriano passed by the 305 this week. Best known as the youngest and most popular winner of Bravo TV’s Project Runway, Siriano highlighted his Fall 2011 Collection and gave us a sneak peek into Spring 2012 at Neiman Marcus Bal Harbour. We rubbed elbows with the petite designer on his latest line, holiday wish list and more.
Love the pops of lime, coral and nude in your Spring 2012 collection. What was the inspiration? I was going for a romantic, ethereal feeling. I saw a Katharine Hepburn movie and immediately thought: effortless beauty!
What’s your favorite piece in particular? The bone-colored chiffon gown in a mermaid silhouette.
Miami style. What is fabulous about it? I love that people are dressed in bright colors and that they’ll go out in a sequin party dress!
Where are you staying while in town this time around? I’m at the Tides. I love how designer Kelly Wearstler decorated the place. The vintage Art Deco feeling is amazing.
What’s on your Christmas wish list? Well, my birthday is next week but I’m really into furniture right now. A pair of French antique chairs would be great!
- Art Basel Brings a Louis Vuitton and Marcel Wanders Collaboration
- Meet Miami's Own Designer Behind The Nomadic Collector
- Shinola Opens in Wynwood
- Stuart Weitzman Knows What Women Want
- Steve Madden Celebrates 25 Years
- Pumping It Up with Aquazzura's Edgardo Osorio
- Finding Inspiration with Marchesa’s Keren Craig
- Dsquared2 Opens in South Florida
- Interview with #RICHKIDS of Beverly Hills' Roxy Sowlaty
- Interview With Miami's own Designer Ana Mari Ortega