Chris Bosh burglarized while he's at birthday party
It took a moment for Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh to realize that his home had been burglarized — and $479,000 worth of watches, rings, purses and cash taken. “You see certain things are not where they were and you figure it out,” Bosh told The Miami Herald Thursday.
The Heat forward had been out on the town Wednesday celebrating his 29th birthday at a party so exclusive that any press who attended had to be escorted in and out.
Bosh and his wife left home at about 7:30 p.m. and returned at about 12:30 a.m., according to police. Meanwhile, thieves had ransacked his 12,368-square-foot home on Miami Beach’s North Bay Road. Easily traceable items, like Bosh’s championship ring, were left behind, said Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez.
“That’s why me and my family take certain precautionary measures,” Bosh said.
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site