Chris Bosh burglarized while he's at birthday party
It took a moment for Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh to realize that his home had been burglarized — and $479,000 worth of watches, rings, purses and cash taken. “You see certain things are not where they were and you figure it out,” Bosh told The Miami Herald Thursday.
The Heat forward had been out on the town Wednesday celebrating his 29th birthday at a party so exclusive that any press who attended had to be escorted in and out.
Bosh and his wife left home at about 7:30 p.m. and returned at about 12:30 a.m., according to police. Meanwhile, thieves had ransacked his 12,368-square-foot home on Miami Beach’s North Bay Road. Easily traceable items, like Bosh’s championship ring, were left behind, said Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez.
“That’s why me and my family take certain precautionary measures,” Bosh said.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision