Chris Bosh burglarized while he's at birthday party
It took a moment for Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh to realize that his home had been burglarized — and $479,000 worth of watches, rings, purses and cash taken. “You see certain things are not where they were and you figure it out,” Bosh told The Miami Herald Thursday.
The Heat forward had been out on the town Wednesday celebrating his 29th birthday at a party so exclusive that any press who attended had to be escorted in and out.
Bosh and his wife left home at about 7:30 p.m. and returned at about 12:30 a.m., according to police. Meanwhile, thieves had ransacked his 12,368-square-foot home on Miami Beach’s North Bay Road. Easily traceable items, like Bosh’s championship ring, were left behind, said Miami Beach Police Sgt. Bobby Hernandez.
“That’s why me and my family take certain precautionary measures,” Bosh said.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud