Chow, Italia! Polenta Italian Gourmet takeout imports the good stuff from Italy
Rustic Northern Italian takeout in the Gables
Yes, yes, Italian spots in Miami are almost as cliche as a Kardashian joke in something written by yours truly. But, that being said, not all Italian places or Kardashian jokes are created equally. Enter Polenta Italian Gourmet, a quaint little takeout joint in the Gables owned by Chef Keith Becton and his wife/partner and Verona, Italy native, Chef Olivia Castagnetti. Ingredients used are far from local and when it comes to this kind of food, that's actually a good thing.
Polenta prides itself on the use of authentic Italian ingredients. Among them: Parmigiano Reggiano, Provolone Valpadana, Fontina Valligiana and Ricotta Montella al Tartufo. There are house made ravioli, gnocchi and lasagnas, as well as panini, Melanzane alla Parmigiana, Cotoletta alla Milanese, and, of course, the restaurant's namesake, polenta, cakes of which are topped with everything from wild mushrooms to imported Gorgonzola, or creamy polenta served with the chef's special braised meat dishes.
Also on the takeout menu: imported meats and cheeses from Italy, including: Leoncini Brand meats; Bernina Chilean Bresaola and Recla Speck; Proscuitto Crudo di Parma and Parmigiano Reggiano cheese aged 24 months; a variety of Il Forteto Pecorini Cheeses; Boschetto al Tartufo; Scamorza Affumicata; Stracchino Crescenza, Robiolina and Buffalo Mozzarella, all made with Italian milk. Desserts include Sheep’s Milk Ricotta Cheesecake, Chocolate Budino, Olive Oil Cake and daily specials. Click here for the full menu.
4702 S. LeJeune Rd.
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown