Chinese New Year
Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit with Chinese New Year specials
Chinese New Year
Sat, Feb 5 6:30-10pm
Cafe Sambal at Mandarin Oriental, Miami
500 Brickell Key Dr, Miami
Celebrate the Year of the Rabbit
- Hakkasan at the Fontainebleau celebrates with eight days of menu specials and one night of entertainment. From Feb 2-9 enjoy a limited edition menu of five specialty dishes including wok-fried lobster, baked fortune chicken, braised dried oyster, stewed pork shank and wok fried glutinous rice. On Feb 5 the restaurant is hosting a lion dance performed by local Kung Fu experts. Call 877-326-7412 to reserve.
- Usher in the Year of the Rabbit on Sat, Feb 5 as Café Sambal at the Mandarin Oriental hosts a traditional Chinese New Year celebration from 6:30-10pm. Enjoy lion dance performances, Asian artistry and a family-style menu featuring dim sum, egg rolls, wok fried Kobe beef, roasted Kurobuta pork and Peking duck. Call 305-913-8358 to reserve.
- Miss Yip rings in the Chinese New Year in its Miami Beach and downtown Miami locations. The party downtown runs from Thursday to Saturday (Feb 3-5) with nightly lion dances, DJs and food and drink specials. The Miami Beach affair is Thursday at 10:30 and features complimentary hors d’oeuvres, a DJ and lion dances. Call 305-358-0088 (Downtown) or 305-534-5488 (Miami Beach) for info.
- Tony Chan’s Water Club is ringing in the Year of the Rabbit Wednesday, Feb 2 with lion dance performers and a special menu featuring Hong Kong-style Cantonese cuisine and sushi. 305-374-8888.
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi
- Contest: Guess the South Florida restaurant, win tickets to Robert Irvine Live
- Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, Niu Kitchen's Deme Lomas named Food & Wine People's Best New Chef nominees
- Where to celebrate Easter Sunday