China Grill Rolls Back Booze Prices to 1995
Great deals on wines, cocktails and champagnes
Before it high tails it over the causeway to its new home on Brickell, China Grill South Beach (404 Washington Ave., Miami Beach) is offering a slew of wines, sakes and champagnes with price tags circa 1995, a time when today's bargain basement $10 cocktails caused many folks to gasp and refinance their cocktailing habits.
Among the specials: a curated lot of notable whites (Joseph Drouhin, Pouilly-Fuisse, Beaune 2009, $40) and reds (BR Cohn, Zinfandel, Sonoma Valley, $40) plus some serious splurges such as Dom Perignon, Epernay 2002 at $260.
Last call is Saturday, April 28, when prices skyrocket back to (ab)normal. Sigh.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo