China Grill Mgmt's Terry Zarikian joins culinary firm Rockaway PR
Zarikian will also still serve as Director of Product Development at China Grill Management
Most Miami food folk are familiar with Terry Zarikian either from his days as a publicist at the Grand Bay, Caffe Abbracci, Blue Door, The Setai, among many others, or, more recently, as Director of Product Development for China Grill Management properties worldwide, a position he's held for over 15 years. Now Zarikian, who is rumored to have his pal Ferran Adrià on speed dial, will keep his gig at China Grill as well as his other two gigs as the South Beach Wine & Food Festival's Culinary Advisor and as Selecta Magazine's Food Editor, but also throw on a fourth hat, this time as Director of New Business and Development, this time for Rockaway PR, a foodie firm whose clients have included Sugarcane Raw Bar Grill, Milos and Cafe Prima Pasta. "Terry joining the team is a major milestone for our [agency], says principal Alexis Knapp. "Having someone with his creativity and experience as part of the team will only help leverage the brand's culinary expertise and complement inititatives put for for existing and future clients."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.