Dora the Explorer all the rage
Everything Dora the Explorer is hot again. On Thursday, local celeb moms like actresses Scarlet Ortiz and Elizabeth Gutierrez (William Levy’s ex) and Karen Martinez (Juanes’ wife) will meet up at the Moore Building to bond over their love of the little Latina heroine and celebrate Fisher-Price’s new Dora toys. But even bachelorettes are into Dora. Shakira made a guest appearance, in animated form, Sunday on Dora’s Explorer Girls on Nick Jr., a new show aimed at girls 5 to 8. The plot: Tween Dora and her amigos go to the Colombian pop star’s concert but lose their tickets and must follow a map to find them. Why did Shakira team up with the bilingual adventurer? She’s not planning to get pregnant any time soon with soccer stud Gerard Pique. “[She] is a great role model that inspires kids.” Shakira also appears (in human form) with the girl in the updated video for her 2010 song Todos Juntos. “All together’’ is one of the character’s mottos.
On Our Radar
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida