Dora the Explorer all the rage
Everything Dora the Explorer is hot again. On Thursday, local celeb moms like actresses Scarlet Ortiz and Elizabeth Gutierrez (William Levy’s ex) and Karen Martinez (Juanes’ wife) will meet up at the Moore Building to bond over their love of the little Latina heroine and celebrate Fisher-Price’s new Dora toys. But even bachelorettes are into Dora. Shakira made a guest appearance, in animated form, Sunday on Dora’s Explorer Girls on Nick Jr., a new show aimed at girls 5 to 8. The plot: Tween Dora and her amigos go to the Colombian pop star’s concert but lose their tickets and must follow a map to find them. Why did Shakira team up with the bilingual adventurer? She’s not planning to get pregnant any time soon with soccer stud Gerard Pique. “[She] is a great role model that inspires kids.” Shakira also appears (in human form) with the girl in the updated video for her 2010 song Todos Juntos. “All together’’ is one of the character’s mottos.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails