Chicago Surf + Turf in Kendall: Devon Seafood + Steak opening Saturday, January 12
"Moderately priced" contemporary American resto opens in Kendall
Surf and turf washes up in Kendall in the form of the Chicago-based Devon Seafood + Steak, an--oxymoron alert-- "upscale but moderately priced" contemporary restaurant focusing on goulas--er, seafood and steak, of course. Chicago's executive chef Scott Barrow is overseeing the menu. Setting is, wait for it, "the epitome of casual elegance," or, neo-steakhouse with cruise ship--excuse us, ocean liner--accents. Featured on the menu: mini New England lobster rolls ($11.50); crispy tempura shrimp sushi rolls ($8.50); oysters ($2.50 to $3.50 ea); black grouper with sweet potato maque choux, crawfish, Andouille and espelette pepper sauce ($33); pretzel crusted trout with herb roast potatoes, haricot vert, endive and bacon mustard vinaigrette ($28); New York strip ($41); and bone-in ribeye ($45). While those may not seem like "moderately priced" enough for its suburban base, consider the Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. happy hours with dollar oysters and $3 lobster tails. Devon, which also has locations in Milwaukee and Hershey, PA, is buying its meat from Jackman Wagyu Beef Ranch and working with the dayboat program at Lynn Brother’s Seafood to source sustainable seafood, both of which are located in Florida.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai