Chicago Surf + Turf in Kendall: Devon Seafood + Steak opening Saturday, January 12
"Moderately priced" contemporary American resto opens in Kendall
Surf and turf washes up in Kendall in the form of the Chicago-based Devon Seafood + Steak, an--oxymoron alert-- "upscale but moderately priced" contemporary restaurant focusing on goulas--er, seafood and steak, of course. Chicago's executive chef Scott Barrow is overseeing the menu. Setting is, wait for it, "the epitome of casual elegance," or, neo-steakhouse with cruise ship--excuse us, ocean liner--accents. Featured on the menu: mini New England lobster rolls ($11.50); crispy tempura shrimp sushi rolls ($8.50); oysters ($2.50 to $3.50 ea); black grouper with sweet potato maque choux, crawfish, Andouille and espelette pepper sauce ($33); pretzel crusted trout with herb roast potatoes, haricot vert, endive and bacon mustard vinaigrette ($28); New York strip ($41); and bone-in ribeye ($45). While those may not seem like "moderately priced" enough for its suburban base, consider the Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. happy hours with dollar oysters and $3 lobster tails. Devon, which also has locations in Milwaukee and Hershey, PA, is buying its meat from Jackman Wagyu Beef Ranch and working with the dayboat program at Lynn Brother’s Seafood to source sustainable seafood, both of which are located in Florida.
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"
- A new chocolate/ wine shop in the works from Buena Vista Bistro/Deli duo