Chicago Surf + Turf in Kendall: Devon Seafood + Steak opening Saturday, January 12
"Moderately priced" contemporary American resto opens in Kendall
Surf and turf washes up in Kendall in the form of the Chicago-based Devon Seafood + Steak, an--oxymoron alert-- "upscale but moderately priced" contemporary restaurant focusing on goulas--er, seafood and steak, of course. Chicago's executive chef Scott Barrow is overseeing the menu. Setting is, wait for it, "the epitome of casual elegance," or, neo-steakhouse with cruise ship--excuse us, ocean liner--accents. Featured on the menu: mini New England lobster rolls ($11.50); crispy tempura shrimp sushi rolls ($8.50); oysters ($2.50 to $3.50 ea); black grouper with sweet potato maque choux, crawfish, Andouille and espelette pepper sauce ($33); pretzel crusted trout with herb roast potatoes, haricot vert, endive and bacon mustard vinaigrette ($28); New York strip ($41); and bone-in ribeye ($45). While those may not seem like "moderately priced" enough for its suburban base, consider the Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. happy hours with dollar oysters and $3 lobster tails. Devon, which also has locations in Milwaukee and Hershey, PA, is buying its meat from Jackman Wagyu Beef Ranch and working with the dayboat program at Lynn Brother’s Seafood to source sustainable seafood, both of which are located in Florida.
11715 Sherri Lane, inside The Palms at Town & Country Mall
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants