Chicago Surf + Turf in Kendall: Devon Seafood + Steak opening Saturday, January 12
"Moderately priced" contemporary American resto opens in Kendall
Surf and turf washes up in Kendall in the form of the Chicago-based Devon Seafood + Steak, an--oxymoron alert-- "upscale but moderately priced" contemporary restaurant focusing on goulas--er, seafood and steak, of course. Chicago's executive chef Scott Barrow is overseeing the menu. Setting is, wait for it, "the epitome of casual elegance," or, neo-steakhouse with cruise ship--excuse us, ocean liner--accents. Featured on the menu: mini New England lobster rolls ($11.50); crispy tempura shrimp sushi rolls ($8.50); oysters ($2.50 to $3.50 ea); black grouper with sweet potato maque choux, crawfish, Andouille and espelette pepper sauce ($33); pretzel crusted trout with herb roast potatoes, haricot vert, endive and bacon mustard vinaigrette ($28); New York strip ($41); and bone-in ribeye ($45). While those may not seem like "moderately priced" enough for its suburban base, consider the Monday through Friday 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. happy hours with dollar oysters and $3 lobster tails. Devon, which also has locations in Milwaukee and Hershey, PA, is buying its meat from Jackman Wagyu Beef Ranch and working with the dayboat program at Lynn Brother’s Seafood to source sustainable seafood, both of which are located in Florida.
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!