Chelsea Tyler talks about modeling, rocking
Steven Tyler's daughter
Chelsea Tyler’s been making the rounds, on her own merits, not her famous father’s. That’d be rock god Steven Tyler. The striking 22-year-old, whose half sister is actress Liv Tyler, is the cover girl of this month’s Ocean Drive, which had a party in her honor last week at WET at W South Beach.
We chatted with the Los Angeles/New York resident (mom is fashion designer Teresa Barrick) about what makes her tick:
How do you like our town?
I haven’t spent much time in Miami as an adult but I spent a lot of time there when I was young and living on tour. Aerosmith worked at [Criteria Studios] recording a few albums, including [1997’s] Nine Lives.
What are you up to?
I’ve just embarked on a music project with my boyfriend, Jon Foster. Our band is called badbad, and we’ll hopefully start releasing tracks soon.
How was the cover shoot? It was a fantastic experience. Very laid back and relaxed. I am especially excited because this is my first cover. Brian Bowen Smith, the photographer, is a blast.
What kind of music do you listen to, beside the obvious?
I listen to a lot of things. Nina Simone to Tom Waits. Lots of blues and rock and I’ve recently fallen in love with electronica and dub step, which have influenced badbad greatly.
On Our Radar
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan