Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
Complete with Miami's first 'official' bocce court
3252 NE 1st Ave., Midtown
Hours of operation: Sunday – Wednesday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Thursday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – midnight for dinner service only.
Because you can never have too many Italian restaurants, Bocce Bar, the new “rustic Italian” concept by those responsible for Sugarcane raw bar grill and SushiSamba, debuts Friday, Dec. 13 in Midtown Miami at 3252 NE 1st Ave. Not just any Italian, no it’s not, this one has the city’s first ‘official’ bocce court and a small plate sharing menu by executive chef and partner Timon Balloo.
On the menu: salumi, formaggi, antipasti including garden pickled heirloom tomatoes with pulled mozzarella, semolina dusted crispy artichokes with mustard seed aoli and more. Then there’s the pasta such as the orecchitette with duck sugo and roasted butternut squash and Maine lobster linguine. Entrees include brick roasted Cornish Hen with taggia olives, cherry tomatoes and pan jus.
Then there are the cocktails. Richard Woods, Head of SBM’s Spirit & Cocktail Development, is in charge of the house-made aperitivos, digestivos, liqueurs and an array of cocktails, including Aged Negroni and the signature Bocce Ball – Amaretti Di Bocce, mandarin vodka, orange, almond and soda. Bocce Bar will also feature a progressive, cutting-edge wine program, by Beverage Manager Pietro Riccobono, which will include wines by the glass via the restaurant’s on-site enomatic machines.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.