Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
Complete with Miami's first 'official' bocce court
3252 NE 1st Ave., Midtown
Hours of operation: Sunday – Wednesday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Thursday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – midnight for dinner service only.
Because you can never have too many Italian restaurants, Bocce Bar, the new “rustic Italian” concept by those responsible for Sugarcane raw bar grill and SushiSamba, debuts Friday, Dec. 13 in Midtown Miami at 3252 NE 1st Ave. Not just any Italian, no it’s not, this one has the city’s first ‘official’ bocce court and a small plate sharing menu by executive chef and partner Timon Balloo.
On the menu: salumi, formaggi, antipasti including garden pickled heirloom tomatoes with pulled mozzarella, semolina dusted crispy artichokes with mustard seed aoli and more. Then there’s the pasta such as the orecchitette with duck sugo and roasted butternut squash and Maine lobster linguine. Entrees include brick roasted Cornish Hen with taggia olives, cherry tomatoes and pan jus.
Then there are the cocktails. Richard Woods, Head of SBM’s Spirit & Cocktail Development, is in charge of the house-made aperitivos, digestivos, liqueurs and an array of cocktails, including Aged Negroni and the signature Bocce Ball – Amaretti Di Bocce, mandarin vodka, orange, almond and soda. Bocce Bar will also feature a progressive, cutting-edge wine program, by Beverage Manager Pietro Riccobono, which will include wines by the glass via the restaurant’s on-site enomatic machines.
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed