Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
Complete with Miami's first 'official' bocce court
3252 NE 1st Ave., Midtown
Hours of operation: Sunday – Wednesday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Thursday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – midnight for dinner service only.
Because you can never have too many Italian restaurants, Bocce Bar, the new “rustic Italian” concept by those responsible for Sugarcane raw bar grill and SushiSamba, debuts Friday, Dec. 13 in Midtown Miami at 3252 NE 1st Ave. Not just any Italian, no it’s not, this one has the city’s first ‘official’ bocce court and a small plate sharing menu by executive chef and partner Timon Balloo.
On the menu: salumi, formaggi, antipasti including garden pickled heirloom tomatoes with pulled mozzarella, semolina dusted crispy artichokes with mustard seed aoli and more. Then there’s the pasta such as the orecchitette with duck sugo and roasted butternut squash and Maine lobster linguine. Entrees include brick roasted Cornish Hen with taggia olives, cherry tomatoes and pan jus.
Then there are the cocktails. Richard Woods, Head of SBM’s Spirit & Cocktail Development, is in charge of the house-made aperitivos, digestivos, liqueurs and an array of cocktails, including Aged Negroni and the signature Bocce Ball – Amaretti Di Bocce, mandarin vodka, orange, almond and soda. Bocce Bar will also feature a progressive, cutting-edge wine program, by Beverage Manager Pietro Riccobono, which will include wines by the glass via the restaurant’s on-site enomatic machines.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday