Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
Complete with Miami's first 'official' bocce court
3252 NE 1st Ave., Midtown
Hours of operation: Sunday – Wednesday, 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Thursday – Saturday, 5 p.m. – midnight for dinner service only.
Because you can never have too many Italian restaurants, Bocce Bar, the new “rustic Italian” concept by those responsible for Sugarcane raw bar grill and SushiSamba, debuts Friday, Dec. 13 in Midtown Miami at 3252 NE 1st Ave. Not just any Italian, no it’s not, this one has the city’s first ‘official’ bocce court and a small plate sharing menu by executive chef and partner Timon Balloo.
On the menu: salumi, formaggi, antipasti including garden pickled heirloom tomatoes with pulled mozzarella, semolina dusted crispy artichokes with mustard seed aoli and more. Then there’s the pasta such as the orecchitette with duck sugo and roasted butternut squash and Maine lobster linguine. Entrees include brick roasted Cornish Hen with taggia olives, cherry tomatoes and pan jus.
Then there are the cocktails. Richard Woods, Head of SBM’s Spirit & Cocktail Development, is in charge of the house-made aperitivos, digestivos, liqueurs and an array of cocktails, including Aged Negroni and the signature Bocce Ball – Amaretti Di Bocce, mandarin vodka, orange, almond and soda. Bocce Bar will also feature a progressive, cutting-edge wine program, by Beverage Manager Pietro Riccobono, which will include wines by the glass via the restaurant’s on-site enomatic machines.
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria