Chef Kris Wessel leaves Florida Cookery at the James Royal Palm Hotel, launching new Miami concept Dec 1
Announces he has formed a new restaurant group
As has been suspected for a long time, Kris Wessel is no longer affiliated with Florida Cookery.
Here is his official statement:
"I am officially announcing today that I am no longer affiliated with the James Royal Palm Hotel and Florida Cookery restaurant. The contract has ended, the restaurant is a year old and we have created an original concept integral to the cuisine and cultures of Florida. I wish the James and Florida Cookery much success in sustaining their beautiful property in Miami Beach. I am also announcing that I have formed a restaurant group (CONSUME) and have targeted multiple areas in South Florida and New Orleans for specific concept launches."
When asked if Wessel was leaving us, he replied, "Leave us? I am us! I am signing a lease on the first concept in Miami on December 1. With 90 years of family in Miami and a daughter who doesn't get out of school here for another 8, I think I will be here for a while."
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover