Chef Kris Wessel leaves Florida Cookery at the James Royal Palm Hotel, launching new Miami concept Dec 1
Announces he has formed a new restaurant group
As has been suspected for a long time, Kris Wessel is no longer affiliated with Florida Cookery.
Here is his official statement:
"I am officially announcing today that I am no longer affiliated with the James Royal Palm Hotel and Florida Cookery restaurant. The contract has ended, the restaurant is a year old and we have created an original concept integral to the cuisine and cultures of Florida. I wish the James and Florida Cookery much success in sustaining their beautiful property in Miami Beach. I am also announcing that I have formed a restaurant group (CONSUME) and have targeted multiple areas in South Florida and New Orleans for specific concept launches."
When asked if Wessel was leaving us, he replied, "Leave us? I am us! I am signing a lease on the first concept in Miami on December 1. With 90 years of family in Miami and a daughter who doesn't get out of school here for another 8, I think I will be here for a while."
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years