Chef Jeremiah's South Beach sandwich shop Subatomic forced to shut
Renovations to the Wolfsonian spell closure for Subatomic Sandwiches.
After just five short months as the resident restaurant at The Wolfsonian-FIU, chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's Subatomic Sandwiches is abruptly closing due to construction at the museum.
A statement from the Wolfsonian:
The Wolfsonian-FIU continues its efforts to improve and enhance the visitor experience, including exciting renovations to the museum shop and café. In the near future, we will open a new exterior entrance to the museum shop and cafe and also enhance the existing lighting and merchandising in the space. The Wolfsonian Museum Shop will remain open throughout the renovation, but we will be required to discontinue food service in the cafe for a short period of time during the summer.
As a result of the aforementioned statement, Jeremiah told us that "unfortunately Friday will be our last day open to the public until we figure out a plan."
As for that plan, it will most likely come to fruition somewhere on the other side of the causeway. "We’ve worked for 10 years on building a Miami outside of South Beach and it will be great to return to our neighborhood," he told us.
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space