Chef Jeremiah's South Beach sandwich shop Subatomic forced to shut
Renovations to the Wolfsonian spell closure for Subatomic Sandwiches.
After just five short months as the resident restaurant at The Wolfsonian-FIU, chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's Subatomic Sandwiches is abruptly closing due to construction at the museum.
A statement from the Wolfsonian:
The Wolfsonian-FIU continues its efforts to improve and enhance the visitor experience, including exciting renovations to the museum shop and café. In the near future, we will open a new exterior entrance to the museum shop and cafe and also enhance the existing lighting and merchandising in the space. The Wolfsonian Museum Shop will remain open throughout the renovation, but we will be required to discontinue food service in the cafe for a short period of time during the summer.
As a result of the aforementioned statement, Jeremiah told us that "unfortunately Friday will be our last day open to the public until we figure out a plan."
As for that plan, it will most likely come to fruition somewhere on the other side of the causeway. "We’ve worked for 10 years on building a Miami outside of South Beach and it will be great to return to our neighborhood," he told us.
1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down