Chef Jeremiah's South Beach sandwich shop Subatomic forced to shut
Renovations to the Wolfsonian spell closure for Subatomic Sandwiches.
After just five short months as the resident restaurant at The Wolfsonian-FIU, chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's Subatomic Sandwiches is abruptly closing due to construction at the museum.
A statement from the Wolfsonian:
The Wolfsonian-FIU continues its efforts to improve and enhance the visitor experience, including exciting renovations to the museum shop and café. In the near future, we will open a new exterior entrance to the museum shop and cafe and also enhance the existing lighting and merchandising in the space. The Wolfsonian Museum Shop will remain open throughout the renovation, but we will be required to discontinue food service in the cafe for a short period of time during the summer.
As a result of the aforementioned statement, Jeremiah told us that "unfortunately Friday will be our last day open to the public until we figure out a plan."
As for that plan, it will most likely come to fruition somewhere on the other side of the causeway. "We’ve worked for 10 years on building a Miami outside of South Beach and it will be great to return to our neighborhood," he told us.
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?