Chef Jeremiah's South Beach sandwich shop Subatomic forced to shut
Renovations to the Wolfsonian spell closure for Subatomic Sandwiches.
After just five short months as the resident restaurant at The Wolfsonian-FIU, chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's Subatomic Sandwiches is abruptly closing due to construction at the museum.
A statement from the Wolfsonian:
The Wolfsonian-FIU continues its efforts to improve and enhance the visitor experience, including exciting renovations to the museum shop and café. In the near future, we will open a new exterior entrance to the museum shop and cafe and also enhance the existing lighting and merchandising in the space. The Wolfsonian Museum Shop will remain open throughout the renovation, but we will be required to discontinue food service in the cafe for a short period of time during the summer.
As a result of the aforementioned statement, Jeremiah told us that "unfortunately Friday will be our last day open to the public until we figure out a plan."
As for that plan, it will most likely come to fruition somewhere on the other side of the causeway. "We’ve worked for 10 years on building a Miami outside of South Beach and it will be great to return to our neighborhood," he told us.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar