Chef Jeremiah's South Beach sandwich shop Subatomic forced to shut
Renovations to the Wolfsonian spell closure for Subatomic Sandwiches.
After just five short months as the resident restaurant at The Wolfsonian-FIU, chef Jeremiah Bullfrog's Subatomic Sandwiches is abruptly closing due to construction at the museum.
A statement from the Wolfsonian:
The Wolfsonian-FIU continues its efforts to improve and enhance the visitor experience, including exciting renovations to the museum shop and café. In the near future, we will open a new exterior entrance to the museum shop and cafe and also enhance the existing lighting and merchandising in the space. The Wolfsonian Museum Shop will remain open throughout the renovation, but we will be required to discontinue food service in the cafe for a short period of time during the summer.
As a result of the aforementioned statement, Jeremiah told us that "unfortunately Friday will be our last day open to the public until we figure out a plan."
As for that plan, it will most likely come to fruition somewhere on the other side of the causeway. "We’ve worked for 10 years on building a Miami outside of South Beach and it will be great to return to our neighborhood," he told us.
1001 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: Cypress Tavern cracks list of 2016's best-reviewed restaurants