Chef Jeremiah's retro fab Subatomic sandwich shop debuts December 2 at The Wolfsonian-FIU
A throwback sub shop with 'blessings on bread'
It's only apropos that a chef with a fancy for all things retro-fab (see: gastroPOD Airstream Trailer, logos) would set up shop at the retro-fab Wolfsonian-FIU, and that's exactly what Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog is doing with his latest post-modern offering: Subatomic, a "throwback sub shop" housed in the museum's gift shop slash cafe space opening Monday, December 2 for a "scaled down sneak preview." According to the chef, you can "Expect blessings on bread. Creative subs such as house smoked turkey n' Lil Kim's chi or flat iron roast beef." All meats will be made in house and the bread, we're told, will be the best in town. Of course, all subs will be blinged out with Jeremiah's other biz--PICKLEpeople condiments. Panther coffee will be served. Oh, and as for what in g-d's name Lil Kim's chi is? House made kimchi. They don't call the chef the "white Rick Ross" for nothing, you know.
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20
- When one restaurant closes in Miami . . . another allegedly opens