Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog named chef of The Broken Shaker
Miami's fave Pod person teams up with Bar Lab for November debut at The Freehand (FKA Indian Creek Hotel)
This just in: Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPodMiami and, most recently, picklePeoples fame has been chosen to lead the food operations at the second and permanent installment of boozy, Bar Lab fave The Broken Shaker at the Indian Creek Hotel, debuting sometime in November. That hotel, incidentally, is now known as the Freehand. Chef will be multi-tasking, running the kitchen at the full service restaurant there and on his mod, mobile kitchen as well. Jeremiah will be pairing his cuisine to match the creations by the mad scientists of the cocktail scene, Gabriel Orta and Elad Zvi, whose permanent permutation of their groundbreaking pop-up bar comes just in time to silence critics who say the whole pop-up thing is passe already. Always ahead of the curve. Stay tuned for more details.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.