Chef Jeremiah Bullfrog named chef of The Broken Shaker
Miami's fave Pod person teams up with Bar Lab for November debut at The Freehand (FKA Indian Creek Hotel)
This just in: Jeremiah Bullfrog of gastroPodMiami and, most recently, picklePeoples fame has been chosen to lead the food operations at the second and permanent installment of boozy, Bar Lab fave The Broken Shaker at the Indian Creek Hotel, debuting sometime in November. That hotel, incidentally, is now known as the Freehand. Chef will be multi-tasking, running the kitchen at the full service restaurant there and on his mod, mobile kitchen as well. Jeremiah will be pairing his cuisine to match the creations by the mad scientists of the cocktail scene, Gabriel Orta and Elad Zvi, whose permanent permutation of their groundbreaking pop-up bar comes just in time to silence critics who say the whole pop-up thing is passe already. Always ahead of the curve. Stay tuned for more details.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant