Chef involved in fatal accident
A pedestrian was killed by an SUV rushing away from an earlier crash in West Miami-Dade. The tragedy happened Wednesday at Northwest Fourth Street at 72nd Avenue. A Ford Explorer careered out of control, hitting the pedestrian on the sidewalk before and smashing into a utility pole. Police say the vehicle, driven by famed local chef Jonathan Eismann (Pacific Time, Fin, Spartico) was involved in an earlier crash with a Nissan Sentra three blocks away. Several hundred residents a several businesses lost power after the crash.
Charges are pending.
On Our Radar
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell plays mentor
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA