Chef involved in fatal accident
A pedestrian was killed by an SUV rushing away from an earlier crash in West Miami-Dade. The tragedy happened Wednesday at Northwest Fourth Street at 72nd Avenue. A Ford Explorer careered out of control, hitting the pedestrian on the sidewalk before and smashing into a utility pole. Police say the vehicle, driven by famed local chef Jonathan Eismann (Pacific Time, Fin, Spartico) was involved in an earlier crash with a Nissan Sentra three blocks away. Several hundred residents a several businesses lost power after the crash.
Charges are pending.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Jenny McCarthy brings 'Dirty' show to Magic City Casino
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released