Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
Out of the box
Chef Kolin Vazzoler has a plum job. He's a winery chef. Where do you sign up, right?
"It's a constant learning experience in marrying the history of one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County with contemporary Italian cuisine," he says of his gig with Simi in Healdburg, Calif. A typical day for the native Canadian? "I am in the kitchen! I am most comfortable in the creative and focused environment."
Vizzoler had an idea on how to change things up July 4 parties. You can create fireworks with a dish like say, mom's spaghetti with bolognese but with a bit of a twist. "I would do Pappardelle with Duck and Porcini ragu," he says. Pair it with a bottle of his suggestion (Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon) and you should be good to go. It's available at most fine liquor stores for about $40.
On Our Radar
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub