Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
Out of the box
Chef Kolin Vazzoler has a plum job. He's a winery chef. Where do you sign up, right?
"It's a constant learning experience in marrying the history of one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County with contemporary Italian cuisine," he says of his gig with Simi in Healdburg, Calif. A typical day for the native Canadian? "I am in the kitchen! I am most comfortable in the creative and focused environment."
Vizzoler had an idea on how to change things up July 4 parties. You can create fireworks with a dish like say, mom's spaghetti with bolognese but with a bit of a twist. "I would do Pappardelle with Duck and Porcini ragu," he says. Pair it with a bottle of his suggestion (Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon) and you should be good to go. It's available at most fine liquor stores for about $40.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too