Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
Out of the box
Chef Kolin Vazzoler has a plum job. He's a winery chef. Where do you sign up, right?
"It's a constant learning experience in marrying the history of one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County with contemporary Italian cuisine," he says of his gig with Simi in Healdburg, Calif. A typical day for the native Canadian? "I am in the kitchen! I am most comfortable in the creative and focused environment."
Vizzoler had an idea on how to change things up July 4 parties. You can create fireworks with a dish like say, mom's spaghetti with bolognese but with a bit of a twist. "I would do Pappardelle with Duck and Porcini ragu," he says. Pair it with a bottle of his suggestion (Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon) and you should be good to go. It's available at most fine liquor stores for about $40.
On Our Radar
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E
- Nick Zano talks being a Florida guy
- Victoria's Secret spring break party