Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
Out of the box
Chef Kolin Vazzoler has a plum job. He's a winery chef. Where do you sign up, right?
"It's a constant learning experience in marrying the history of one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County with contemporary Italian cuisine," he says of his gig with Simi in Healdburg, Calif. A typical day for the native Canadian? "I am in the kitchen! I am most comfortable in the creative and focused environment."
Vizzoler had an idea on how to change things up July 4 parties. You can create fireworks with a dish like say, mom's spaghetti with bolognese but with a bit of a twist. "I would do Pappardelle with Duck and Porcini ragu," he says. Pair it with a bottle of his suggestion (Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon) and you should be good to go. It's available at most fine liquor stores for about $40.
On Our Radar
- Amid breakup rumors, Scott Disick parties in Miami area
- Local chef to appear on 'Chopped'
- Shark Tank star Daymond John to make appearance
- Beauty tips from fashion royalty
- Actor Carlos Ponce selling home
- Kesley Grammer and wife spotted in Miami Beach
- Enrique Iglesias faces misdemeanor charges
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W