Chef gives tips on enjoying a unique July 4
Out of the box
Chef Kolin Vazzoler has a plum job. He's a winery chef. Where do you sign up, right?
"It's a constant learning experience in marrying the history of one of the oldest wineries in Sonoma County with contemporary Italian cuisine," he says of his gig with Simi in Healdburg, Calif. A typical day for the native Canadian? "I am in the kitchen! I am most comfortable in the creative and focused environment."
Vizzoler had an idea on how to change things up July 4 parties. You can create fireworks with a dish like say, mom's spaghetti with bolognese but with a bit of a twist. "I would do Pappardelle with Duck and Porcini ragu," he says. Pair it with a bottle of his suggestion (Simi Landslide Cabernet Sauvignon) and you should be good to go. It's available at most fine liquor stores for about $40.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Jenny McCarthy brings 'Dirty' show to Magic City Casino
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released