Chef Allen's grilled cheeserie The Daily Melt is what's for breakfast
Free sandwiches to celebrate Daily Melt's Midtown breakfast launch Wednesday, Aug. 28
Chef Allen Susser's giving into demands and launching breakfast service at the Midtown location of his grilled cheese restaurant, The Daily Melt. "We've had requests for breakfast since our very first days in The Shops at Midtown," Susser says. "It was a demand we wanted to meet and one we are thrilled to be launching now." Now being from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Wednesday, August 28, during which time the first 100 customers will get one of six free Breakfast Melts. Among those melts: turkey bacon with egg and mozzarella on whole wheat bread; Canadian & Brie with Canadian bacon, egg and brie on a whole wheat muffin; and Veggie Frittata with tomato, mushroom, spinach, onion and provolone on sourdough. Other breakfast fare includes the Maple Bacon Melt with bacon, egg, maple syrup and cheddar melt on sourdough slices; the Egg in the Nest--backon and Muenster grilled cheese topped with a fried egg; and French toast with Nutella, fontina cheese and cinnamon sugar.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.