‘Check Please!’ back for a 5th season
Check Please!, the WPBT PBS2 restaurant-review show hosted by chef-restaurateur Michelle Bernstein, returns for a fifth season on Monday. The series, in which local foodies weigh in on the South Florida dining scene, airs at 7:30 p.m. Monday with repeats at 7:30 p.m. Wednesday and 5:30 p.m. Saturday. Here’s the lineup; visit www.checkpleasefl.com for details:
• Jan. 31: Rock and Roll Ribs, Coral Springs; Casa Maya, Deerfield Beach; Bizaare Ave. Café, Lake Worth.
• Feb. 7: Mahogany Grille, Miami Gardens; Indomania, Miami Beach; Ortanique, Coral Gables.
• Feb. 21: Mediterranean Market and Deli Bakery, West Palm Beach, Jet Runway Café, Fort Lauderdale; Josephine’s, Boca Raton.
• Feb. 28: Nordstrom Cafe Bistro, Aventura; Tark’s, Dania Beach; Lola’s on Harrison, Hollywood.
- What's the Best? 5 Great Carpaccios
- Cheen-Huaye Mexican restaurant expands menu, dining room in North Miami
- New-look AltaMare toasts summer with a new happy hour
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- 3.5 stars for The Forge's next generation of excellence in Miami Beach
- Brew in Miami: Belgian beer stars at Bistro BE
- Inside North Beach's Hilton Cabana & L'Echon Brasserie
- Jumbo's closes after 59-year run in Miami's Liberty City
- Ho Wang closes in Surfside; kosher BBQ joint to take its place
- The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa