Charlie Sheen’s tour coming to South Florida
Prepare to win, South Florida. Coming to a theater near you: Charlie Sheen’s My Violent Torpedo of Truth/Defeat is Not an Option Show.
On Saturday, the Hollywood actor turned one-man media meltdown, more famous now for his rants that include references to warlocks, tiger blood and goddesses than for his acting, kicked off his tour in Detroit to an applause that quickly turned to boos. Next up was Chicago.
The tour is the latest step in the Sheen saga, which stretches back to last year, when he pleaded guilty in Aspen, Colo., to misdemeanor third-degree assault after a Christmas Day altercation with his then-wife, Brooke Mueller.
Since then, he has talked about being a “rock star from Mars,” having “Adonis DNA” and called himself a warlock, with the women he lives with as goddesses.
Sheen’s behavior, which included lashing out at Two and a Half Men producer Chuck Lorre, finally became too much for Warner Bros. Television, which fired him on March 7.
So he decided to go on tour. In Detroit, Sheen seemed to enjoy himself in the early moments, posting pictures on Twitter of the crowd and himself at a podium. Below a picture of the crowd, he wrote, “The most honest city in the world honors the most honest man in the universe #TruthTorpedo.”
In a second picture, he referred to himself as a “Sheenius.”
But the show didn’t come across as the work of a Sheenius or a genius, according to the reviews. Media covering the event reported a crowd that booed, heckled the actor and questioned if the tour would make a full run or close early.
How did Sheen feel about this? A regular poster to Twitter, with more than 3 million followers on the service, Sheen stayed silent Sunday.
Tickets to Sheen’s South Florida stop are available through Ticketmaster or at his website, www.charliesheen.com.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how