Charles St., "New York inspired" modern bistro opening Feb 22 at Boulan South Beach
Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk to head the kitchen
It's NY in Miami all over again, this time at Charles St., the new "modern bistro" opening February 22 in the Boulan South Beach hotel. The "New York-inspired, 70 seat concept" is a collaboration between Miami-based Maso Hospitality Group founder Ken Ray and NY-based THINK Hospitality, a real estate company. "We envision Charles St. as a 'go-to' neighborhood spot with a fresh, approachable menu that appeals [to] local men and women," says Ray, a Miami native. Chef Wolfgang Birk has some experience down here too, as executive chef at the Versace mansion from 2005-2007 and at the Wyndham Grand Bay and Bice from 2002-2003. Maso Hospitality Group, incidentally, operates Maso at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles and is also opening Bar Crudo at 40 S. Pointe Dr.
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage