Charles St., "New York inspired" modern bistro opening Feb 22 at Boulan South Beach
Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk to head the kitchen
It's NY in Miami all over again, this time at Charles St., the new "modern bistro" opening February 22 in the Boulan South Beach hotel. The "New York-inspired, 70 seat concept" is a collaboration between Miami-based Maso Hospitality Group founder Ken Ray and NY-based THINK Hospitality, a real estate company. "We envision Charles St. as a 'go-to' neighborhood spot with a fresh, approachable menu that appeals [to] local men and women," says Ray, a Miami native. Chef Wolfgang Birk has some experience down here too, as executive chef at the Versace mansion from 2005-2007 and at the Wyndham Grand Bay and Bice from 2002-2003. Maso Hospitality Group, incidentally, operates Maso at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles and is also opening Bar Crudo at 40 S. Pointe Dr.
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more
- Giorgio Rapicavoli’s Taperia Raca sold, closed