Charles St., "New York inspired" modern bistro opening Feb 22 at Boulan South Beach
Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk to head the kitchen
It's NY in Miami all over again, this time at Charles St., the new "modern bistro" opening February 22 in the Boulan South Beach hotel. The "New York-inspired, 70 seat concept" is a collaboration between Miami-based Maso Hospitality Group founder Ken Ray and NY-based THINK Hospitality, a real estate company. "We envision Charles St. as a 'go-to' neighborhood spot with a fresh, approachable menu that appeals [to] local men and women," says Ray, a Miami native. Chef Wolfgang Birk has some experience down here too, as executive chef at the Versace mansion from 2005-2007 and at the Wyndham Grand Bay and Bice from 2002-2003. Maso Hospitality Group, incidentally, operates Maso at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles and is also opening Bar Crudo at 40 S. Pointe Dr.
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item
- Umami Burger South Beach opening at 11 a.m. May 10
- Cipriani opening Friday, May 10
- Area 31 expands outdoor terrace while indoors gets a revamp
- World of Beer Midtown opening May 6
- Michael Mina reportedly opening second Miami restaurant in the Fontainebleau
- STK Miami closed for a "disco nap"