Charles St., "New York inspired" modern bistro opening Feb 22 at Boulan South Beach
Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk to head the kitchen
It's NY in Miami all over again, this time at Charles St., the new "modern bistro" opening February 22 in the Boulan South Beach hotel. The "New York-inspired, 70 seat concept" is a collaboration between Miami-based Maso Hospitality Group founder Ken Ray and NY-based THINK Hospitality, a real estate company. "We envision Charles St. as a 'go-to' neighborhood spot with a fresh, approachable menu that appeals [to] local men and women," says Ray, a Miami native. Chef Wolfgang Birk has some experience down here too, as executive chef at the Versace mansion from 2005-2007 and at the Wyndham Grand Bay and Bice from 2002-2003. Maso Hospitality Group, incidentally, operates Maso at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles and is also opening Bar Crudo at 40 S. Pointe Dr.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.