Charles St., "New York inspired" modern bistro opening Feb 22 at Boulan South Beach
Ex-Casa Casuarina chef Wolfgang Birk to head the kitchen
It's NY in Miami all over again, this time at Charles St., the new "modern bistro" opening February 22 in the Boulan South Beach hotel. The "New York-inspired, 70 seat concept" is a collaboration between Miami-based Maso Hospitality Group founder Ken Ray and NY-based THINK Hospitality, a real estate company. "We envision Charles St. as a 'go-to' neighborhood spot with a fresh, approachable menu that appeals [to] local men and women," says Ray, a Miami native. Chef Wolfgang Birk has some experience down here too, as executive chef at the Versace mansion from 2005-2007 and at the Wyndham Grand Bay and Bice from 2002-2003. Maso Hospitality Group, incidentally, operates Maso at Trump Towers in Sunny Isles and is also opening Bar Crudo at 40 S. Pointe Dr.
- R House restaurant, lounge, art space opening January in Wynwood
- Canadian chain Earls Kitchen + Bar opening Spring 2014 in Dadeland Mall
- Buns & Buns bringing the bread--meat, vegetables & seafood--to South Miami in 2014
- Say ciao to Serafina at Dream South Beach, closing at the end of December
- Former Miami chef Kerry Simon batting aggressive form of Parkinson's
- Eating House's spicy holiday greeting card goes viral
- Copperbox restaurant space in Wynwood for sale
- Chef Timon Balloo's Bocce Bar rustic Italian now open in Midtown
- The Rumor Mill: Eataly coming to Miami?
- Shake Shack Coral Gables hosts The Brooklyn Brewery Mash: Miami Edition December 9