Champions For Chile
Fernando Gonzalez is hosting Champions For Chile, an event to benefit his home country after an earthquake struck there on February 27.
By Solange Reyner
Watch four of tennis' biggest names play for a worthy cause this Saturday, April 3, in Key Biscayne. It's all happening the day of the women's final - and day before the men's - at the Sony Ericsson Open. Fernando Gonzalez, a native of Santiago, Chile, wanted to help raise money for his country aftera magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck the Maule Region about 200 miles southwest of his hometown on February 27.
He'll be joined by Andy Roddick, Jim Courier and Gustavo Kuerten at 5 p.m. on Stadium Court. Tickets start at $25 with all proceeds going to benefit Hogar de Christo's Chilean Earthquake Relief. You can purchase tickets online here.
Sony Ericsson Open
See and Do
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 30-Oct.2
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit