Champions For Chile
Fernando Gonzalez is hosting Champions For Chile, an event to benefit his home country after an earthquake struck there on February 27.
Sony Ericsson Open
By Solange Reyner
Watch four of tennis' biggest names play for a worthy cause this Saturday, April 3, in Key Biscayne. It's all happening the day of the women's final - and day before the men's - at the Sony Ericsson Open. Fernando Gonzalez, a native of Santiago, Chile, wanted to help raise money for his country aftera magnitude 8.8 earthquake struck the Maule Region about 200 miles southwest of his hometown on February 27.
He'll be joined by Andy Roddick, Jim Courier and Gustavo Kuerten at 5 p.m. on Stadium Court. Tickets start at $25 with all proceeds going to benefit Hogar de Christo's Chilean Earthquake Relief. You can purchase tickets online here.
See and Do
- A Day Trip to the Florida Keys
- Vizcaya’s Secret Garden restored to its natural splendor
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach
- Hialeah Park Casino celebrates one year with busy weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 15-17
- Monster truck driver Debrah Miceli proves that Monster Jam is not just a boy’s club
- Wayans brothers bring their comedy act to Seminole Hard Rock on Friday, Aug 15.
- South Florida Firefighters Calendar is a family affair
- Miami Children’s Museum debuts ‘My Green Home’ exhibit