Chalk Ping Pong & Billiards Lounge
Why open an adult rec room in the SoFl neighborhood? Chalk it up to the lack of laid-back hangouts in Miami Beach.
Chalk Ping Pong & Billiards Lounge 1234 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Are you up for a game of ping pong? This week South Beach welcomes a new kind of entertainment in to the nightlife scene as Chalk Ping Pong and Billiards Lounge hosts its Grand Opening on Thursday, January 5th at 10pm. The new adult fun-spot has been open since late December, but this week will mark the official opening complete with a private ribbon cutting ceremony starting at 8 p.m (invite only).
Chalk, located in the former Washington Federal Bank, is taking its carbon footprint very seriously. Partners Robert Chalk, Sayra Moto, and Joseph Blount thought of everything to make sure the “Green” concept stayed true throughout the entire design which includes LED lighting, Dyson hand dryers, biodegradable cups, waterless urinals, and emailed receipts.
If you’re not up for a game of pool or ping pong, no worries. Kick back and watch one of the many sporting events on one of the 12 LED flat screens. If your'e looking for some fun away from the big clubs, get a group of friends together and reserve a private room, fully loaded with customizable iPhone-controlled sound and cocktail service ordered up via iPad. The 6,600 square feet venue has something to keep everyone entertained.
This “adult rec room” features five Diamond Pro-Am billiard tables (available for $15 per hour, or monthly $50 membership), seven International Table Tennis Federation-approved Cornilleau Ping-Pong tables, and a slew of throw-back table games like Connect 4 and Checkers. It’s a completely interactive venue where adults can be kids.
Chalk will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 10pm to 5am and is also available for private events.
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space