Chalk Ping Pong & Billiards Lounge
Why open an adult rec room in the SoFl neighborhood? Chalk it up to the lack of laid-back hangouts in Miami Beach.
Chalk Ping Pong & Billiards Lounge 1234 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Are you up for a game of ping pong? This week South Beach welcomes a new kind of entertainment in to the nightlife scene as Chalk Ping Pong and Billiards Lounge hosts its Grand Opening on Thursday, January 5th at 10pm. The new adult fun-spot has been open since late December, but this week will mark the official opening complete with a private ribbon cutting ceremony starting at 8 p.m (invite only).
Chalk, located in the former Washington Federal Bank, is taking its carbon footprint very seriously. Partners Robert Chalk, Sayra Moto, and Joseph Blount thought of everything to make sure the “Green” concept stayed true throughout the entire design which includes LED lighting, Dyson hand dryers, biodegradable cups, waterless urinals, and emailed receipts.
If you’re not up for a game of pool or ping pong, no worries. Kick back and watch one of the many sporting events on one of the 12 LED flat screens. If your'e looking for some fun away from the big clubs, get a group of friends together and reserve a private room, fully loaded with customizable iPhone-controlled sound and cocktail service ordered up via iPad. The 6,600 square feet venue has something to keep everyone entertained.
This “adult rec room” features five Diamond Pro-Am billiard tables (available for $15 per hour, or monthly $50 membership), seven International Table Tennis Federation-approved Cornilleau Ping-Pong tables, and a slew of throw-back table games like Connect 4 and Checkers. It’s a completely interactive venue where adults can be kids.
Chalk will be open Wednesday through Saturday from 10pm to 5am and is also available for private events.
- Things to do this weekend in Miami - Jan. 29-31
- Naughty By Nature at LIV, Fashion on Film at Bal Harbour, The Art of Rum and Spam
- Miami Latin Nightclubs
- Happy hours, Pink Floyd yoga, Trick Daddy, jazz & Nu Deco
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- Life in Color returns to Miami with Jack U, Zeds Dead, Steve Aoki and more
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Miami Heat after party, EPIC new happy hours, Life in Color & Wine & Reggae in Wynwood
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 8-10
- Ballers: National YoungArts, The Big Lebowski, Digweed & more!