Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
Expected to post bail
Chad Johnson, the former Miami Dolphins wide receiver who went on the lam after failing to check in with his probation officer, was arrested and jailed in Broward County Monday morning. The Broward Sheriff’s Office and Broward state attorney’s office confirmed that Johnson appeared in court for his probation violations and was subsequently ordered to jail. He is expected to post bail and will likely be released soon, authorities said.
A warrant had been issued for the former NFL player when he skipped town and missed two check-ins with his probation officer in February and in March. His Twitter account mentioned that he was in Pasadena, Calif., last week. Johnson was on probation after pleading guilty to domestic abuse of his then-wife last year. She had accused him of head-butting her during an argument over condoms she had discovered in his vehicle. The couple had been married just one month when the dust-up happened in August of last year.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage