Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson arrested in Broward
Expected to post bail
Chad Johnson, the former Miami Dolphins wide receiver who went on the lam after failing to check in with his probation officer, was arrested and jailed in Broward County Monday morning. The Broward Sheriff’s Office and Broward state attorney’s office confirmed that Johnson appeared in court for his probation violations and was subsequently ordered to jail. He is expected to post bail and will likely be released soon, authorities said.
A warrant had been issued for the former NFL player when he skipped town and missed two check-ins with his probation officer in February and in March. His Twitter account mentioned that he was in Pasadena, Calif., last week. Johnson was on probation after pleading guilty to domestic abuse of his then-wife last year. She had accused him of head-butting her during an argument over condoms she had discovered in his vehicle. The couple had been married just one month when the dust-up happened in August of last year.
On Our Radar
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips