Learn to be the alfa from Cesar Millan, The Dog Whisperer.
Even billionaires have doggie issues -- just ask Oprah, who had to have dog trainer extraordinaire Cesar Millan put the smack down on her unruly cocker spaniels. Millan, the host of the National Geographic channel's Dog Whisperer, comes to Miami to peddle the dream of well behaved pooches to the poor folks who can't hire him for some one-on-one time. His book 'Cesar's Rules: Your Way to Train a Well-Behaved Dog' (Crown, $25.99) gives pet owners the scoop on popular and effective training techniques, ways to teach obedience and a slew of other ideas on how to keep your dog from eating your iPod and frightening young children.
Just don't think about bringing your dog. Cesar doesn't have time to show every dog in Dade county who's the alfa male. Order a copy of the book at any Books & Books location and you get two tickets for the event.
Cesar Millan book signing
Friday, October 8, 7:30 p.m.
Miami Dade College, Wolfson Campus
Auditorium – Building 1, 2nd Floor
3oo NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-442-4408
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so