Celebrity spotting at Swim Week
There were celebs galore at parties and swim strutathons.
The tents have been deconstructed, and the models are resting their aching feet. Maybe some of them will actually start eating solids again. Ta-ta, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim. See you next year … we hope.
But what a few days they were. Miami looked a lot like L.A. with all the celeb spottings:
Peregrine from Bravo's Work of Art was seated at the Trina Turk show, which opened swim week at the Raleigh. Also there: Rapper/actor Bow Wow (now a Miami resident) and she-friend Angela Simmons of MTV reality fame. Swimsuit model Irina Shayk managed to escape a torrential downpour at the Ocean Drive July-August cover party held at Plunge, on the rooftop of the Gansevoort.
Others at the soiree included Marc Jacobs' ex boy toy Lorenzo Martone (who was also spotted at the Raleigh at the Swimwear Anywhere collection show where Jacobs was showing some collections), former N'Sync singer and Dancing with the Stars contestant Lance Bass, who was also at the Ed Hardy show, which featured Corde Broadus,
Snoop Dogg's son, and Jasmine Sanders, Chris Brown's girlfriend. The rainy night ended on a not-so-stylish note when a light storm hit forcing most fashionistas to huddle underneath the bar. Luckily, Plunge bartenders were gracious enough to hand out garbage bags (to be used as umbrellas), free shots and champagne.
All three Kardashian sisters --Kim, Khloe and Kourtney -- made their requisite appearances after sitting front row at the Friday night show for Beach Bunny, for whom they design a sexy collection. Wizards of Waverly Place star Selena Gomez was there to see the action, too.
Lipstick Jungle's Lindsay Price was spotted at the Melissa Odabash show held the W South Beach. The down-to-earth actress said Odabash was among the best beachy designers. "I have an embarrassing amount of bikinis because I'm a California girl, and my favorite is one of hers."
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)