Celebrity spotting at hot spots around town
Chris Martin and more
Chris Martin, in town for a Coldplay concert this weekend, seems to have the same preference for restaurants as his wife Gwyneth Paltrow, a longtime frequent diner at Zuma London. Martin spent more than three hours Wednesday night at Miami’s Zuma with a large group. Also having dinner there that night were Miami Heat player Juwan Howard with a few friends, and at another table, Seattle Seahawks player Sidney Rice, also was a few friends. Real Madrid and Argentine national team soccer player Ángel Di María was seen having dinner Friday night at Gotham Steak at the Fontainebleau. Controversial home run hitter Mark McGwire was seen having dinner with his wife and two kids Tuesday night at Prime 112. An NBA champ’s gotta look the part: A day after their big win, Heat champs Dwyane Wade and Joel Anthony were seen getting groomed and pampered at NailBar & Beauty Lounge in Midtown. Meanwhile, another Heat player made his debut as host of Mansion’s new Excess Mondays night. Mario Chalmers, celebrating in his championship hat and signature Spalding sneakers, reveled in the signature Mansion experience featuring aerialists, performers, dancers, jugglers, a multi-million dollar light show and jumbo sized cake shaped like a championship hat.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails