Celeb chefs share their local dining faves
From Casa Tua to Joe's Stone Crab, celeb chefs share where they feast when they visit the Magic City.
Compiled by Fred Gonzalez, Howard Cohen, Lydia Martin and Aurora Rodriguez
Anthony Bourdain prefers San Loco for the burritos. Mario Batali enjoys Las Vacas Gordas. And Paula Deen is a fan of Joe's Stone Crab.
When they come to town, even celeb chefs have their "usuals," here's a sampling:
Bobby Flay: ``I think Prime 112 does a fantastic job. I know it's a hot scene and everything, but the food is always fantastic. And you gotta go to Joe's Stone Crab. I hold an annual lunch there, I take like 20-something people. It might be a cliché to people who live here, but when I am down here, to me there is nothing better.''
Jamie Oliver: ''He is an incredible talent,'' The Naked Chef said of Michael Schwartz and Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the Design District. ``I have to say, of all the places I've been to in America in the last ten years, it's in my top five.''
Giada De Laurentiis: ``Casa Tua. It's not only the food that is excellent, but the ambience, the whole feeling in that place is like going home. I think that's what I love about it so much. It's kind of tucked away, not on the main strip, romantic, kind of like a hidden treasure. For me, those are always the most fun.''
- Get a taste of Caribbean food at Ivan's Gastro in North Miami Beach
- Cinco de Mayo beer dinner at The Federal will star J. Wakefield Brewing
- Icy-cool crudo and rocket-hot rocks at Modern Garden in Miami
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The Gang in midtown Miami goes long on flair, falls short on fare
- New-look STK in Miami Beach is off to a sexy, meaty start
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Find a taste of Portugal at Lisboa Grill in Key Biscayne
- Miami's Momi doubles down with downtown dumpling den