Celeb chefs share their local dining faves
From Casa Tua to Joe's Stone Crab, celeb chefs share where they feast when they visit the Magic City.
Compiled by Fred Gonzalez, Howard Cohen, Lydia Martin and Aurora Rodriguez
Anthony Bourdain prefers San Loco for the burritos. Mario Batali enjoys Las Vacas Gordas. And Paula Deen is a fan of Joe's Stone Crab.
When they come to town, even celeb chefs have their "usuals," here's a sampling:
Bobby Flay: ``I think Prime 112 does a fantastic job. I know it's a hot scene and everything, but the food is always fantastic. And you gotta go to Joe's Stone Crab. I hold an annual lunch there, I take like 20-something people. It might be a cliché to people who live here, but when I am down here, to me there is nothing better.''
Jamie Oliver: ''He is an incredible talent,'' The Naked Chef said of Michael Schwartz and Michael's Genuine Food & Drink in the Design District. ``I have to say, of all the places I've been to in America in the last ten years, it's in my top five.''
Giada De Laurentiis: ``Casa Tua. It's not only the food that is excellent, but the ambience, the whole feeling in that place is like going home. I think that's what I love about it so much. It's kind of tucked away, not on the main strip, romantic, kind of like a hidden treasure. For me, those are always the most fun.''
- Christy's launches a $25 Friday lunch
- Copperbox chef Gabriela Machado wows diners with Miami dinner-party ‘atelier nights’
- 3 stars for fantastic bites and super sips at Coral Gables' Bulla Gastrobar
- Sustainable seafood stars at Wild Sea on Las Olas
- Kouzina adds Greek influence to the Design District
- RA Sushi hosts Nicky's Week fundraiser
- Eat well & do good May 18 at Temaris
- Toast summer happy hours
- Support Boston victims at a Meat Market cocktail dinner
- Join Essensia for a May 22 garden party