Celebrities spotted around town at hot spots
From Sofia Coppola to Paul Wesley
Scene in the Tropics: Placido Domingo spent the weekend at the JW Marriott Marquis with his son Alvaro; they dined at db Bistro Moderne. Actor Paul Wesley from The Vampire Diaries (pictured) had a romantic, low-key dinner with former costar Phoebe Tonkin Sunday at Meat Market.
Director-producer Sofia Coppola was spotted having dinner Sunday with Phoenix guitarist Christian Mazzalai and another friend at Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh Hotel.
Liza Minnelli, here for her show at the Broward Center, was seen Sunday night in the lobby elevator of the W Fort Lauderdale sans wheelchair, says our spy. Also seen there, albeit separately, was Deepak Chopra.
Oscar de la Renta was spotted at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami, where according to our sources, he was staying in the presidential suite. The designer was in town to support the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Designed for a Cure event.
Italian pop singers Gigi D’Alessio and Anna Tatangel dined Thursday at Caffe Abbracci with a large group.
On Our Radar
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub