There's a festive foodie air about town.
There’s a festive air about town as some of our favorite restaurants celebrate the start of football season, summer and an anniversary.
RA Sushi kicks off Dolphin season Monday (Aug 17) with the launch of the orange and teal Fins Roll (pictured above). The eight-piece spicy lobster roll is topped with fresh salmon, avocado and spicy mayo. Bring a same-day ticket stub to the South Miami sushi house and get $2 of the $12 roll.
RA Sushi: 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092
Hometown (culinary) hero Michelle Bernstein welcomes August’s heat & humidity at Michy's with Wednesday Night Endless Fried Chicken Feasts. Every Wednesday, lay out $33 and enjoy all-you-can-eat helpings of fried chicken, a bottomless parade of biscuits n gravy, coleslaw, watermelon Greek salad and a slice of dark chocolate cream pie.
Michy’s: 6927 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-759-2001
Lincoln Road’s Books & Books Café celebrates its fifth anniversary by going green. Think antibiotic-free meats & poultry, biodegradable plastic and new vegan specials (a platter of grilled marinated organic tofu back & white bean salad, roasted sweet potato salad, black bean humus & grilled corn salsa). Coming soon - energy conservation updates & earth-friendly takeout containers.
Café at Books & Books: 927 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-695-8898
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- Bahama Breeze and Uber team up for Rumbash this Friday
- Eat among the art at South Beach's Canvas
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- International sushi chain opens first U.S. spot — on South Beach
- Miami Herald Top 10: Alloy among 2016's best-reviewed restaurants