There's a festive foodie air about town.
There’s a festive air about town as some of our favorite restaurants celebrate the start of football season, summer and an anniversary.
RA Sushi kicks off Dolphin season Monday (Aug 17) with the launch of the orange and teal Fins Roll (pictured above). The eight-piece spicy lobster roll is topped with fresh salmon, avocado and spicy mayo. Bring a same-day ticket stub to the South Miami sushi house and get $2 of the $12 roll.
RA Sushi: 5829 SW 73 St, South Miami; 305-341-0092
Hometown (culinary) hero Michelle Bernstein welcomes August’s heat & humidity at Michy's with Wednesday Night Endless Fried Chicken Feasts. Every Wednesday, lay out $33 and enjoy all-you-can-eat helpings of fried chicken, a bottomless parade of biscuits n gravy, coleslaw, watermelon Greek salad and a slice of dark chocolate cream pie.
Michy’s: 6927 Biscayne Blvd, Miami; 305-759-2001
Lincoln Road’s Books & Books Café celebrates its fifth anniversary by going green. Think antibiotic-free meats & poultry, biodegradable plastic and new vegan specials (a platter of grilled marinated organic tofu back & white bean salad, roasted sweet potato salad, black bean humus & grilled corn salsa). Coming soon - energy conservation updates & earth-friendly takeout containers.
Café at Books & Books: 927 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach; 305-695-8898
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- Brad Kilgore wants to alter your perceptions at Alter
- Rosinella owners open Sunset Juice Café in SoBe
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Settle into island time at Calypso Raw Bar in Pompano Beach
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- Memorable views, mostly forgettable food at Fresh American Bistro