Celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2013 in Miami
This Sunday, we all can celebrate the battle of Puebla the way it was meant to be commemorated - by drinking tequila!
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo 2013...
- 660 at the Anglers celebrates with special brunch and drink menus featuring dishes barcacoa bBraised tacos and $20 pitchers of margaritas at $20. 660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach; 305-534-9600
- Cantina Beach at Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne celebrates with stilt walkers, guacamole bites, mariachis, a mixologist “battle” and $5 Mexican treats. 305-365-4286
- Cantina Laredo starts the festivities May 2 with $2 Dos Equis (available throughout the weekend) and May 5 festivities including table games, giveaways, body painting, raffles, $2 tacos, $3 guacamole and a "Most Interesting Man in the World” look-alike contest. Pair it all with drink specials throughout May. 501 Silks Run, Hallandale; 954-457-7662
- The second annual Cinco de Mayo Brickell Fest runs Sunday from 12-11pm and featuring music, margaritas, mariachis, Mexican bites & a mechanical bull. $28 per person, 1001 S Miami Ave, Miami;
- Dos Caminos is treating guests to a special menu and a free drink with purchase of brunch entrée from 12-3pm. From 5-7pm, the restaurant is celebrating with a mariachi band, $6 frozen margaritas and $4 select domestic & Mexican beers. 1140 Seabreeze Blvd, Fort Lauderdale
- The Flat celebrates "South of Cinco" with Milagro Tequila cocktails and tacos, guacamole and salsa. 500 South Pointe Dr, Miami Beach
- The Grove's Jaguar Ceviche, Greenstreet, Lulu, Le Bouchon and George's are hosting the 9th Fete du Cinco de Mayo celebration featuring menu & drink specials at each restaurant. Look for mariachis, parades and traditional Mexican eats.
- Radio celebrates with a 1pm opening, pinatas, margarita punch bowls and gratis chips & salsa. 814 1 St, Miami Beach
- Monty's Sunset celebrates with a mariachi band and day-long specials on Coronas, tequila drinks, margaritas and chicken quesadillas. 300 Alton Rd, Miami Beach; 305-672-1148
- Rosa Mexicano hosts a “boozy Mexican brunch” featuring mezcal blood Marias, pasion picante pitchers, mariachis and a la carte dishes like fried eggs & carnitas hash and Mexican cobb salad. 900 S Miami Ave, 786-425-1001 or 1111 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, 305-695-1008
- South Miami celebrates a day early with a May 4 Cinco de Mayo Crawl beginning at 8:30pm. Participating venues include Splitsville, Bougainvilleas & Irish Times.
- Talavera is celebrating with a special a la carte menu featuring tlacoyos azules, tinga poblana tostadas, enchiladas de mole poblano and pipian blanco. The restaurant will also have live entertainment during dinner service from May 3-5 (menu is available May 1-31). 2299 Ponce de Leon, Coral Gables; 305-444-2955
- Tobacco Road kicks off the fun at noon with live music, drink specials and food deals. 626 S Miami Ave, Miami; 305-374-1198
- Toro Toro celebrates with a specialty happy hour and prix-fixe dinner available May 3-5. Happy hour runs 4-7pm and features $2 tacos and $6 blood orange margaritas. The $39 includes chiles en nogata, pollo con mole and sopaipillas con chocolate y cajeta. 100 Chopin Plaza, Miami; 305-372-4710
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida