Step inside Soho Beach house with a meal at Cecconi's
Cecconi's Miami Soho Beach House
4385 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The Goods: The Beach gets a bit more chic this fall as Soho House opens its third North American members-only club one block south of the Fontainebleau. Like its London and Los Angeles outposts, Soho Beach House features a Cecconi's restaurant, open to the public and billed as "modern day classic Italian." Chef Sergio Sigala, freshly pinched from Casa Tua, presents a pricey, Venetian-inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, with appetizers $12-$18 and entrees $30-$58.
Ambience: The airy 178-seat space is on the ground floor amid a garden of silver buttonwood trees, shaded by a retractable awning, creating a tranquil indoor/outdoor escape. Design is "Venice meets Miami Beach" with sea-green striped tile floors, flickering white lights and an ocean breeze.
The Grub: Simple, seaonal, rustic Italian fare. Think risotto, wood-oven pizza and Italian classics. Menu highlights include wood-oven roasted scallops; burrata, red onion and tomato pizza; Maine lobster with house-made spaghetti and ossobucco with gremolata. The 230-bottle wine list is Euro-centric with heavy Italian and Spanish accents. And because this is Miami, there are caipirinhas and mojitos, too.
The Verdict: Chic Italian eats is your ticket into one of Miami Beach's most exclusive enclaves.
- Buns & Buns serves up bread-based dishes with gastropub leanings in South Miami
- The Prime112 team unveils seafood-centric Prime Fish on South Beach
- Take a "First Look" at 15 Steps: Farm-to-table eats at the Eden Roc
- Chef-owner Rocco Carulli brings R House, a lounge-gallery-restaurant, to Wynwood
- Nothing But the Best delivers elegant simplicity in Brickell
- Fashion designer Roberto Cavalli opens his first Miami restaurant on South Beach
- Seasalt and Pepper brings upscale Mediterranean seafood to the Miami River
- The Quattro & Segafredo teams open Via Verdi Cucina Rustica on Biscayne
- Sugarcane chef Timon Balloo and the Sushisamba restaurant group open Bocce Bar in Midtown
- Bourbon Steak Chef Michael Mina gets clubby with Michael Mina 74 at the Fontainebleau