Step inside Soho Beach house with a meal at Cecconi's
Cecconi's Miami Soho Beach House
4385 Collins Ave, Miami Beach
The Goods: The Beach gets a bit more chic this fall as Soho House opens its third North American members-only club one block south of the Fontainebleau. Like its London and Los Angeles outposts, Soho Beach House features a Cecconi's restaurant, open to the public and billed as "modern day classic Italian." Chef Sergio Sigala, freshly pinched from Casa Tua, presents a pricey, Venetian-inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, with appetizers $12-$18 and entrees $30-$58.
Ambience: The airy 178-seat space is on the ground floor amid a garden of silver buttonwood trees, shaded by a retractable awning, creating a tranquil indoor/outdoor escape. Design is "Venice meets Miami Beach" with sea-green striped tile floors, flickering white lights and an ocean breeze.
The Grub: Simple, seaonal, rustic Italian fare. Think risotto, wood-oven pizza and Italian classics. Menu highlights include wood-oven roasted scallops; burrata, red onion and tomato pizza; Maine lobster with house-made spaghetti and ossobucco with gremolata. The 230-bottle wine list is Euro-centric with heavy Italian and Spanish accents. And because this is Miami, there are caipirinhas and mojitos, too.
The Verdict: Chic Italian eats is your ticket into one of Miami Beach's most exclusive enclaves.
- Scott Conant's in the kitchen (sometimes) at Corsair in Aventura
- Ted's at YoungArts fills gastro-entertainment niche in Miami
- Things are F.A.B. at new restaurant in Sunny Isles Beach
- La Terrasse restaurant serves high-end French-Med in South Beach
- Campania plants Southern Italian flag in Miami's Design District
- La Savina in the Mondrian puts a little Ibiza in South Beach
- Tacos and more at Miami Beach's bodacious Bodega
- Bistro Bal Harbour weaves Latin influences into modern American cooking
- 27 Restaurant serving eclectic home cooking, stylish cocktails in Miami Beach
- Jean-Georges turns to Latino cooking at new Matador Room in Miami Beach