Cazzette kicks off Ultra Music Festival on Friday in Miami
Swedish DJ duo play mainstage with giant cassette-tape head covers
Swedish DJ duo Cazzette took the world by storm in 2011 with blistering remixes of Avicii’s “Sweet Dreams,” Swedish House Mafia’s “Save the World,” Adele’s “Set Fire to the Rain” and Jay-Z and Kanye West’s “N----- in Paris.” Now, the pair’s video for their infectious hit “Beam Me Up” has gone viral, scoring more than 10 million plays on YouTube and Spotify. Don’t miss them – well, how could you, with their giant, old-school cassette-tape head-covers – during both Ultra Music Festival weekends.
"Beam Me Up" is going crazy now - are you surprised by its success?
It's overwhelming. We didn't have any expectations on the single, or even the album. You never know how people in general are going to react to a track. It's actually No. 15 on the Top 100 US Spotify chart, which is beyond our wildest dreams. The work that Ash and the rest of the team over at At Night Management have done is amazing.
Has that song's success changed your approach toward making music?
No! I think we are still into just doing the stuff we like, as we did with “Beam Me Up.” When we're having fun in the studio, you can hear it.
How would you describe your sound?
Right now, it's a mix between dubstep and house music - dubhouse! But we're really into doing a lot of different kinds of genres, not just one.
Where are you playing during Miami Music Week?
Ultra Music Festival, Mainstage, on the 15th of March (6 p.m.), and Ultra Brazil Stage the 22nd (7 p.m.).
Is this your first time?
No, we played Mainstage last year as well.
What can we expect from your shows?
We're gonna play a bunch of new stuff, and try do some special Ultra edits.
Will you be checking out other shows during your stay in Miami? What specifically?
Swedish House Mafia are playing the same day as us on the Mainstage, and we are definitely staying for that.
How often do you get to Miami, and what do you think of the city?
Not that much, but we love it. It's a beautiful city, people are super-friendly, and the club scene is amazing.
- 7 Reasons Old People Need to Stop Complaining About Ultra Music Festival
- 10 Drugs That Will Run Rampant at Ultra Music Festival this Weekend
- Ultra Music Festival Fans can expect cheaper ticket prices in 2016
- Recap: The Top 3 Highlights of Day 3 at Ultra 2015
- Recap: The Top 3 Highlights of Day 2 at Ultra 2015
- Recap: The Top 3 Highlights of Day 1 at Ultra 2015
- Heineken House makes EDM experience full circle at Ultra
- Ultra Music Festival releases Phase 1 of its 2015 lineup
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Gallery: Ultra Music Festival 2014 - Day Two