Catwalk P.M.S.: Pretty, Muggy & Stale at The Setai
Catwalk turned out to be a snail-walk at Nicole Miller's Fashion Show at The Setai.
So, my best friend and I went to the Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2010 fashion show at The Setai’s courtyard last Friday. The show was supposed to start at 9 p.m., but we arrived at 9:30 p.m., so while the courtyard was gorgeous, there were no available seats (Didn’t even matter that I was part of the media). And there were no gift bags??? Anyway, the scene was a Kerry Bradshaw scenester episode as style-drenched, sculpted men and women meandered through the sticky, Marlbough air, sloowly sipping $20 cocktails and $28 glasses of Champagne. Then when the show started at about ten ‘til ten or so, I felt punked. Most of the models looked like dead mermaid zombies walking down
the catwalk. They didn’t know how to walk, and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. Maybe, they didn't get to practice? The drab presentation of mini dresses in muted, soft colors just made the burning sensation inside of
my sadistically narrow boots that more intense. Were you there? What do you think?
- Check Into Hotel Gaythering, a New LGBT Hotel For Gay Pride Weekend
- Exhale Spa Opens its Second Miami Location at Loews Miami Beach Hotel
- The Villa by Barton G. Reopens at Versace Mansion with Boutique Hotel, Restaurant, Event Space
- The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hosts All-Star Tennis Tournament & Offers Sony Open Packages
- Miami Hotel Personality: Javier Beneyto of the Newly Opened Metropolitan by COMO
- Spring Training Hotel Packages Across Florida
- Two Miami Beach Marriotts Rebrand to Attract the Modern Miami Traveler
- Avicii Returns to Miami with Avicii Hotel at SLS South Beach During Miami Music Week
- Red Bull Guest House Announces Miami Music Week Takeover of Gale South Beach
- The Raleigh Hotel's Restaurant Michael Schwartz Presents Steinway & Sons Concert Series