Catwalk P.M.S.: Pretty, Muggy & Stale at The Setai
Catwalk turned out to be a snail-walk at Nicole Miller's Fashion Show at The Setai.
So, my best friend and I went to the Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2010 fashion show at The Setai’s courtyard last Friday. The show was supposed to start at 9 p.m., but we arrived at 9:30 p.m., so while the courtyard was gorgeous, there were no available seats (Didn’t even matter that I was part of the media). And there were no gift bags??? Anyway, the scene was a Kerry Bradshaw scenester episode as style-drenched, sculpted men and women meandered through the sticky, Marlbough air, sloowly sipping $20 cocktails and $28 glasses of Champagne. Then when the show started at about ten ‘til ten or so, I felt punked. Most of the models looked like dead mermaid zombies walking down
the catwalk. They didn’t know how to walk, and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. Maybe, they didn't get to practice? The drab presentation of mini dresses in muted, soft colors just made the burning sensation inside of
my sadistically narrow boots that more intense. Were you there? What do you think?
- Halloween arrives at Florida theme parks
- Meet Botlr, Aloft Hotels's Robotic Butler, now serving guests at Aloft South Beach
- Miami Pet Friendly Hotel Guide
- The Family Getaway: Puerto Rico
- Sneak Peek: EAST Miami hotel to open at Brickell City Center Winter 2015
- The ‘new’ Islamorada - not your father’s key
- Circa 39 Hosts Vino & Vinyasa Friday Yoga Happy Hour
- Fontainebleau Celebrates Frank Sinatra's Centennial Birthday in Style
- Summer Fun 2015: A guide to what’s new at Disney World this summer
- Inside the new Hyatt Centric South Beach Miami