Catwalk P.M.S.: Pretty, Muggy & Stale at The Setai
Catwalk turned out to be a snail-walk at Nicole Miller's Fashion Show at The Setai.
So, my best friend and I went to the Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2010 fashion show at The Setai’s courtyard last Friday. The show was supposed to start at 9 p.m., but we arrived at 9:30 p.m., so while the courtyard was gorgeous, there were no available seats (Didn’t even matter that I was part of the media). And there were no gift bags??? Anyway, the scene was a Kerry Bradshaw scenester episode as style-drenched, sculpted men and women meandered through the sticky, Marlbough air, sloowly sipping $20 cocktails and $28 glasses of Champagne. Then when the show started at about ten ‘til ten or so, I felt punked. Most of the models looked like dead mermaid zombies walking down
the catwalk. They didn’t know how to walk, and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. Maybe, they didn't get to practice? The drab presentation of mini dresses in muted, soft colors just made the burning sensation inside of
my sadistically narrow boots that more intense. Were you there? What do you think?
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 7 Top Fort Lauderdale Waterfront Restaurants
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- 10 Outdoor Activities in Miami That Aren't the Beach
- 9 Places in Miami to Meet Your Online Date (so even if it sucks you’ll still have a good time)
- Global "co-living" community coming to Miami this summer
- Why you might want to check into South Beach's new Residence Inn
- The Getaway: Clearwater Beach, a laidback, family-friendly Gulf Coast town
- Give Mom the Gift of Spa & Staycations this Mother's Day
- Inside Jimmy Buffett's world at Hollywood’s new Margaritaville Beach Resort