Catwalk P.M.S.: Pretty, Muggy & Stale at The Setai
Catwalk turned out to be a snail-walk at Nicole Miller's Fashion Show at The Setai.
So, my best friend and I went to the Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2010 fashion show at The Setai’s courtyard last Friday. The show was supposed to start at 9 p.m., but we arrived at 9:30 p.m., so while the courtyard was gorgeous, there were no available seats (Didn’t even matter that I was part of the media). And there were no gift bags??? Anyway, the scene was a Kerry Bradshaw scenester episode as style-drenched, sculpted men and women meandered through the sticky, Marlbough air, sloowly sipping $20 cocktails and $28 glasses of Champagne. Then when the show started at about ten ‘til ten or so, I felt punked. Most of the models looked like dead mermaid zombies walking down
the catwalk. They didn’t know how to walk, and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. Maybe, they didn't get to practice? The drab presentation of mini dresses in muted, soft colors just made the burning sensation inside of
my sadistically narrow boots that more intense. Were you there? What do you think?
- Four Seasons offers $132,000 golf vacation jet-setting from Miami to Costa Rica & West Indies
- How to step inside your favorite Baz Luhrmann movie at the new Faena Hotel Miami Beach
- Where do Miami's top hospitality pros want to travel in 2016?
- Alan Faena on life as an artistic expression, storytelling & his new Miami Beach hotel
- Miami hotel openings on the horizon for 2016
- Deck the halls with these holiday & winter hotel deals
- Inside The Hall South Beach, Joie de Vivre's first east coast property
- Aboard Norwegian Escape's maiden voyage
- Mark your calendars! Cyber Monday is Back
- James Bond-inspired hotel stays in time for 'Spectre' release