Catwalk P.M.S.: Pretty, Muggy & Stale at The Setai
Catwalk turned out to be a snail-walk at Nicole Miller's Fashion Show at The Setai.
So, my best friend and I went to the Nicole Miller Spring/Summer 2010 fashion show at The Setai’s courtyard last Friday. The show was supposed to start at 9 p.m., but we arrived at 9:30 p.m., so while the courtyard was gorgeous, there were no available seats (Didn’t even matter that I was part of the media). And there were no gift bags??? Anyway, the scene was a Kerry Bradshaw scenester episode as style-drenched, sculpted men and women meandered through the sticky, Marlbough air, sloowly sipping $20 cocktails and $28 glasses of Champagne. Then when the show started at about ten ‘til ten or so, I felt punked. Most of the models looked like dead mermaid zombies walking down
the catwalk. They didn’t know how to walk, and some looked like they didn’t want to be there. Maybe, they didn't get to practice? The drab presentation of mini dresses in muted, soft colors just made the burning sensation inside of
my sadistically narrow boots that more intense. Were you there? What do you think?
- Flash Sale on Hotels Across Florida, The Caribbean & Latin America Available on First Day of Summer
- Eventstar Founder & CEO Alain Perez Takes Us Inside His Tent Business
- Where To Stay in Miami On Your Way To The World Cup in Brazil
- Sizzling Summer Savings at Hotels Across South Florida - New Deals Added!
- The Getaway: St. Kitts by Land & Sea
- Hotel Openings On The Horizon Across Miami
- The National Hotel Miami Beach Completes $12 Million Renovation
- Think Hotel Group Has Big Plans For Collins Park Neighborhood
- Acqualina Resort & Spa Partners with YOGiiZA To Offer Personalized Yoga, Health & Wellness
- The Setai Miami Beach Launches New Luxury Ocean Suites Collection