Casting: Worst Cooks in America
Food Network show with Bobby Flay begins search for worst in Miami
How bad of a cook are you?
Do you burn fried chicken? Can’t boil water? Do your rice and beans end up looking more like cement and rocks?
Then there is a cooking show for you – and it’s coming to Miami.
The Food Network’s third season of Worst Cooks in America – hosted by Bobby Flay and Anne Burrell - will have an open casting in Miami on Friday, Sept. 16 at the Epic Hotel (270 Biscayne Blvd., Miami).
You must arrive by 11 a.m. and have with you a replica of your worst dish. And if someone else nominated you for the show, please make sure he or she comes along.
Flay will be on hand and the casting call will be taped for the first episode of the next season (kind of like how American Idol does it when you can’t turn away from the train-wreck auditions). So you may even be interviewed by Flay and Burrell about those macaroni shells that taste more like South Beach seashells.
On the series 16 of the most hopeless cooks will attempt to go from zero to hero as they compete in a cooking boot camp. (Think of it like The Biggest Loser popular reality show, but instead of not eating food, the participants are actually cooking!)
The best thing, too, is you can nominate someone to be on the show – just in case you were trying to find a subtle way to tell them to step away from the stove and get some help.
Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure to share your (or your nomination’s) disastrous cooking stories. You must also include name, age, hometown, occupation, contact phone number and a recent photo.
May the worst chef win!
- Eating House hosts annual 4:20 dinner Sunday, April 20
- Tongue & Cheek celebrates its first anniversary with $2 sliders, $4 cocktails and free ice cream
- Egg hunts, cooking class, Frozen screening & Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Traymore entices with seafood stew, 40 gins and a gleaming white dining room at the new Metropolitan Miami by COMO hotel
- Mondrian debuts "Dig in" brunch Saturday, April 12
- PB Fish pops up at PB Steak
- Jimmy'z Kitchen Pinecrest debuts weekend brunch April 5
- Devon hosts Stag’s Leap’s wine dinner April 16
- Eat al fresco at the final Giralda under the Stars of the season
- Slow Food Miami hosts "Snail of Approval" tasting party April 25