Casting: Worst Cooks in America
Food Network show with Bobby Flay begins search for worst in Miami
How bad of a cook are you?
Do you burn fried chicken? Can’t boil water? Do your rice and beans end up looking more like cement and rocks?
Then there is a cooking show for you – and it’s coming to Miami.
The Food Network’s third season of Worst Cooks in America – hosted by Bobby Flay and Anne Burrell - will have an open casting in Miami on Friday, Sept. 16 at the Epic Hotel (270 Biscayne Blvd., Miami).
You must arrive by 11 a.m. and have with you a replica of your worst dish. And if someone else nominated you for the show, please make sure he or she comes along.
Flay will be on hand and the casting call will be taped for the first episode of the next season (kind of like how American Idol does it when you can’t turn away from the train-wreck auditions). So you may even be interviewed by Flay and Burrell about those macaroni shells that taste more like South Beach seashells.
On the series 16 of the most hopeless cooks will attempt to go from zero to hero as they compete in a cooking boot camp. (Think of it like The Biggest Loser popular reality show, but instead of not eating food, the participants are actually cooking!)
The best thing, too, is you can nominate someone to be on the show – just in case you were trying to find a subtle way to tell them to step away from the stove and get some help.
Just send an email to email@example.com and make sure to share your (or your nomination’s) disastrous cooking stories. You must also include name, age, hometown, occupation, contact phone number and a recent photo.
May the worst chef win!
- Tacos & Tatas Tuesdays returns to Rocco’s Tacos
- Lure Fishbar reels in bourbon lovers for Thursday pairing dinner
- Burger Beast's Croquetapalooza to showcase one of Miami's favorite comfort foods
- What's the Best? 5 Choice Cheese Shops in Miami and Broward
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables
- Miami food to star on Bravo's 'Best New Restaurant'
- What's the Best? 5 Miami Coffee Shops