The South Miami store joins outposts in Chile, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia making it the brand’s first foray into the states.
CasaIdeas at The Shops at Sunset Place
5701 Sunset Drive, South Miami
The lowdown: Bienvenidos a Miami! Yes, the Magic City has landed another retail “first” — CasaIdeas at The Shops at Sunset Place. The South Miami door joins outposts in Chile, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia, making it the brand’s first foray into the states.
“We opened our first CasaIdeas store in 1993 and it has been successful beyond our dreams. Now we’re thrilled to introduce CasaIdeas to the United States,” CasaIdeas Chief Executive Officer Gustavo Gómez says.
The goods: Think fun housewares! From playful dinner plates to colorful mugs to quirky shower accessories, CasaIdeas has something to add pizzazz to your pad.
The ‘hood: Located in The Shops at Sunset Place (in the former Virgin Megastore space), CasaIdeas joins Pottery Barn and Z Gallerie home décor stores.
The ambience: Think of CasaIdeas as the funky younger sister of Pier One Imports. Splashes of color and unique design are omnipresent on household knickknacks, toys, kitchen appliances, accessories and more.
Highlights: With 70 exclusive designers working non-stop, CasaIdeas stocks over 500 novel items every three weeks — so expect something new every time you go. That’s over 10,000 one-of-a-kind creations every year at extremely wallet-friendly price points. Great idea.
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Warby Parker Annex Finds New Home in Wynwood
- Designer Casa