The South Miami store joins outposts in Chile, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia making it the brand’s first foray into the states.
CasaIdeas at The Shops at Sunset Place
5701 Sunset Drive, South Miami
The lowdown: Bienvenidos a Miami! Yes, the Magic City has landed another retail “first” — CasaIdeas at The Shops at Sunset Place. The South Miami door joins outposts in Chile, Peru, Colombia and Bolivia, making it the brand’s first foray into the states.
“We opened our first CasaIdeas store in 1993 and it has been successful beyond our dreams. Now we’re thrilled to introduce CasaIdeas to the United States,” CasaIdeas Chief Executive Officer Gustavo Gómez says.
The goods: Think fun housewares! From playful dinner plates to colorful mugs to quirky shower accessories, CasaIdeas has something to add pizzazz to your pad.
The ‘hood: Located in The Shops at Sunset Place (in the former Virgin Megastore space), CasaIdeas joins Pottery Barn and Z Gallerie home décor stores.
The ambience: Think of CasaIdeas as the funky younger sister of Pier One Imports. Splashes of color and unique design are omnipresent on household knickknacks, toys, kitchen appliances, accessories and more.
Highlights: With 70 exclusive designers working non-stop, CasaIdeas stocks over 500 novel items every three weeks — so expect something new every time you go. That’s over 10,000 one-of-a-kind creations every year at extremely wallet-friendly price points. Great idea.
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District
- SWGR Opens Gallery and Apparel Store in Wynwood
- New Sunglass Shop Opens in Wynwood
- Discover Finds, a New South Miami Accessory Boutique
- Market Man Opens in South Miami
- Adrienne Bosh Brings Paris to Miami
- Suit up! There’s a New Menswear Mecca in Town
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley